Juventus manager Max Allegri insists he will not make a summer move for Torino sensation Andrea Belotti because he isn't compatible with Gonzalo Higuain.
With Gonzalo Higuain's stoppage time equaliser they extended their unbeaten home record in the league to a staggering 84 games, but their local rivals very almost left with a shock win.
Adem Ljajic handed the visitors the lead after 52 minutes, before Gonzalo Higuain rescued the league leaders with the equaliser in stoppage time.
"It's a point that brings us closer to the championship", Allegri, whose side also have the Coppa Italia final to look forward to, continued.More news: 'Assassin's Creed Origins' With Fall 2017 Release To Offer Players 'More Freedom?'
Torino fought valiantly, though, and it was not until Higuain spun his marker to unleash a venomous drive past Joe Hart that their hopes were shattered.
With three matches to play Juventus have 85 points, eight ahead of Napoli who earlier beat Cagliari 3-1.
Despite Juve's attacking prowess, though, Allegri's side found themselves behind seven minutes into the second half.
Iago Falque drew a clumsy foul from Kwadwo Asamoah 25 yards out and Ljajic made Juve pay with a sublime free-kick that nestled into the top-left corner, leaving stand-in goalkeeper Neto rooted to the spot.More news: Cleveland Cavaliers Post Historically Slim Winning Margin in 4-Game Sweep
Mandzukic looked set to restore parity nearly immediately, only for the former Atletico Madrid man to skew his effort wide after getting one-on-one with Hart.
But the game changed when Torino's Afriyie Acquah was shown a second yellow card in the 57th minute despite winning the ball, forcing Torino to sit deep and play on the break.
It was the Belgium international's 30th goal of the season. And that's just the 24 league goals for Higuain this season. Be that as it may, despite the final result, Torino has scored a scoring goal the last 14 matches.
Torino coach Sinisa Mihajlovic was in attendance to see Juventus triumph in Monaco, and Allegri added: "I don't know what he thought".More news: 'Revenge porn' on 'mass scale' in Australia
- The MTV Movie Awards Belonged to Stranger Things
- Don't let America down on health care, Trump tells Senate Republicans
- List of winners from the 2017 MTV Movie and TV Awards
- Dems convinced health bill jeopardizes GOP's monopoly in DC
- Jews Hail Macron's Landslide Win Over Le Pen As 'Victory Against Hate'
- North Korea accuses US, South Korea of plotting assassination attempt
- Ankara says military had informed Washington, Moscow of air raid
- Harvey suspended, Stanton hits 2 HRs, Marlins beat Mets 7-0
- Celtics Downed by Wizards in Game 4 to Even Series
- Apple VP shares thoughts on voice-powered speakers with screens