Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has heaped praise on veteran defender John Terry, who he insists has assisted him off the pitch, while putting the reason behind the Blues legend leaving in the summer down to his desire to play regularly.
Conte though revealed that the need to play regularly forced Terry's decision to leave the club and as a manager he respects 36-year-old's decision, in spite of the apparent loss that the team will suffer when the defender goes.
The trio were the longest serving players in the club, when Conte was appointed as coach in the summer, and while Mikel and Ivanovic have since moved to China and Russian Federation respectively, Terry will leave the club in the summer after 22 years.More news: Venezuela Capital Sees Its Bloodiest Night Yet as Protests Mount
But the betting is no doubt partly a outcome of the links between Terry and Parkhead manager Brendan Rodgers, who worked with the former England captain during his time at Stamford Bridge as reserve team manager.
'It came as a surprise, ' Fabregas told talkSPORT.
Mikel joined Chelsea in the year 2006, and won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups, the Europa League and the Champions League during his time with the Blues. They achieved a lot of great results for this club.More news: Jürgen Klopp's Crystal Palace pre-match press conference
"Now we must find, together, the newest players to replace these great players and compose the history with this great team and that I trust everyone understands this".
"We will miss him and hopefully we can lift two trophies at the end of the season for him".
Chelsea are now four points clear of Spurs in the Premier League with six games to play, and the two play each other in an FA Cup semi final tomorrow at Wembley.More news: McShay compares Deshaun Watson to Marcus Mariota
- Champs-Elysees In Paris Reopens Following Deadly Shooting
- Mike Pence discusses barriers to U.S. companies with Indonesian president
- General election will give us a Brexit government
- Samsung Galaxy S8 is Already Closing in on 1 Million Pre-Orders
- Only half of voters support Theresa May's call for a general election
- Aaron Hernandez Attorneys Head To Court To Protect Prison Evidence
- New Jersey GOP Rep. Lance to hold town hall meeting
- Korea apparently slams China for stepped-up sanctions
- United States will honor 'dumb' Australia refugee deal
- Rashford playing for England Under-21s wouldn't make sense - Mourinho