The former Swedish worldwide appeared to have hyper-extended his knee when he awkwardly landed that forced him to be withdrawn from the pitch. "But the news is fairly negative I think", Jose Mourinho said when asked to asses the health status of his injured players.
United said in a statement on Saturday evening that both players would need to undergo "specialist opinions" before knowing the full extent of their injuries and how long the pair would be out for. He suffered what looked a serious injury to his right knee towards the end of normal time against Anderlecht.More news: Serena Williams Won A Grand Slam While Pregnant, Twitter Is So Impressed
The South American defender is targeting a return in September.
Burnley manager Sean Dyche believes Wayne Rooney can help to fill the void at Manchester United following Zlatan Ibrahimovic's injury. In such scenarios, the expected recovery period is anywhere between nine to 12 months, meaning he is unlikely to play again in this calendar year.More news: Paris attack could benefit the far-right two days before French election
Burnley gathered among their meagre haul of four away Premier League points at Old Trafford in October - with former United goalkeeper Tom Heaton in divine form during a 0-0 draw - and Dyche is anticipating another rough day because of his team. They can make it to the Europe's elite club competition by winning the Europa League this term.
United have been drawn to face Celta Vigo in the semi-finals of the tournament after beating Anderlecht 3-2 on aggregate.More news: MPs overwhelmingly support May's call for snap election
- Rafael Nadal eases into Monte-Carlo quarters
- Venezuelan Opposition Forces Attack Maternal-Children Hospital
- President Trump Says NATO Is 'No Longer Obsolete'
- European Union says ready to welcome back United Kingdom if it decides to stay
- Blackstone's first-quarter earnings more than double
- March for Science events to take place around the globe
- Bulls' Rondo out indefinitely with fractured thumb
- Allies silent over 'show of force' by USA carrier
- Krauthammer: With North Korea, We Do Have Cards to Play
- China's home prices accelerate in March on-month, highlighting policy challenges