Donald Trump Jr.is in Montana to campaign and raise money for Republican U.S. House candidate Greg Gianforte.
"As good Montanans, we want to show good hospitality to people", Republican Greg Gianforte said.
Prairie dogs also breed in March through June, meaning some of the critters Trump Jr. and co. target could be pregnant or lactating to feed their babies.More news: Stockholm attack prime suspect admits to terror crime
The Congressional Leadership Fund, a super PAC aligned with House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, is releasing its second spot in a planned $800,000 buy - a rundown of Democrat Rob Quist's progressive positions. Trump's son is an avid hunter.
Prairie dog hunting is a way for landowners to control the population of the rodents, classified as "agricultural pests" because of the damage they can do to crops.
The Humane Society of the United States condemned the hunt.More news: 70000 in India wait HOURS to see of Prime Minister Modi
"They are a species of concern but also a species not in need of management", he said.
Lindsey Sterling Krank is the group's Prairie Dog Coalition director and says female prairie dogs are now nursing offspring.
The Humane Society said shooting the little dogs serves no objective other than using them for a grisly target practice where "the animals can seem to explode or have body parts severed and sent flying". Trump Jr. says with the fight for Montana's house seat isn't just on among voters here. At the end of the first reporting period, Quist claimed to have raised $1.3 million for his bid; on Thursday, his campaign said the total had spiked, in less than 10 days, to $2 million.More news: Bill O'Reilly Out at Fox, Lineup Shaken Up
- Inside a Colorado pot club - a rare and endangered species
- French presidential candidates halt campaigns in wake of Paris attack
- Eva Longoria Responds to Bikini Pregnancy Rumors: 'Everybody Gets Bloated'
- Prince's Hometown Turns Purple On 1st Anniversary
- Pakistan cricket legend Younis Khan announces retirement
- Support to legalize marijuana hits all-time high
- Samsung to Strike Back With the Galaxy S8
- Donald Trump accused of endorsing Marine Le Pen with Paris tweet
- Rajon Rondo carries Bulls in Game 2
- Oil prices mixed after US production seen rising