Donald Trump Jr.is in Montana to campaign and raise money for Republican U.S. House candidate Greg Gianforte.
"As good Montanans, we want to show good hospitality to people", Republican Greg Gianforte said.
Prairie dogs also breed in March through June, meaning some of the critters Trump Jr. and co. target could be pregnant or lactating to feed their babies.More news: Fear engulfs President polls after Paris attack
The Congressional Leadership Fund, a super PAC aligned with House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, is releasing its second spot in a planned $800,000 buy - a rundown of Democrat Rob Quist's progressive positions. Trump's son is an avid hunter.
Prairie dog hunting is a way for landowners to control the population of the rodents, classified as "agricultural pests" because of the damage they can do to crops.
The Humane Society of the United States condemned the hunt.More news: 70000 in India wait HOURS to see of Prime Minister Modi
"They are a species of concern but also a species not in need of management", he said.
Lindsey Sterling Krank is the group's Prairie Dog Coalition director and says female prairie dogs are now nursing offspring.
The Humane Society said shooting the little dogs serves no objective other than using them for a grisly target practice where "the animals can seem to explode or have body parts severed and sent flying". Trump Jr. says with the fight for Montana's house seat isn't just on among voters here. At the end of the first reporting period, Quist claimed to have raised $1.3 million for his bid; on Thursday, his campaign said the total had spiked, in less than 10 days, to $2 million.More news: The Revolution's Wendy Melvoin Talks About Paying Tribute to Prince
- Eva Longoria Responds to Bikini Pregnancy Rumors: 'Everybody Gets Bloated'
- Bill O'Reilly Out at Fox, Lineup Shaken Up
- Ann Coulter called off by Barkeleys
- No United Airlines Firings Over Passenger Dragging At O'Hare: CEO
- Donald Trump accused of endorsing Marine Le Pen with Paris tweet
- China seriously concerned over North Korea's nuclear programme
- Taking a look at can't miss NFL games in 2017
- Researchers to look for CTE in Hernandez's brain
- Prince's Hometown Turns Purple On 1st Anniversary
- Rajon Rondo carries Bulls in Game 2