First Lady Melania Trump on Monday kicked off the 139th annual White House Easter Egg Roll, thanking their guests for joining them for the holiday tradition. The Bunny was given a microphone and a stand but did not speak to the crowd.
All eyes have been on the Trump administration for the Easter event, which draws huge crowds.
An estimated 21,000 people are expected to attend the event. Unfortunately, the President committed two gaffes, not including the undercover Donnie Darko bunny.
There have been stylish first ladies throughout the history of the USA, there have even been first ladies who were ex-models, but is Melania Trump (née Knauss) the hottest?More news: Ex-NFL star Hernandez's family wants death scene evidence preserved
On the other hand, Trump also expressed his heartfelt thanks to his wife, Melania, in being the instrument for the planning and preparing towards the success of this year's Easter Egg Roll.
Of the many traditions a president has to participate in, the annual White House Easter Egg Roll is certainly one of the strangest.
"And we will be stronger and bigger and better as a nation than ever before". From the first lady's incredible outfit, to all the adorable kiddos, you just have to see the sweet pics from the event!
At least one regular egg roll vendor took to Twitter to remind the White House that a deadline for ordering wooden eggs that are given out as souvenirs was approaching.More news: Dispute emerges over release of ex-NFL star Hernandez's brain
The first lady and her son covered their hearts at the beginning of "The Star-Spangled Banner", but Trump lifted his hand a few seconds later.
"This is the 139th Easter Egg Roll".
The US Flag Code calls for anyone addressing the flag, either during the pledge of allegiance or the national anthem, to put their right hand over their hearts. "We're going downstairs, we're going to sign some cards to our great troops - they're cards for troops - and we look forward to that".More news: Verizon Galaxy S8 units lack Bixby Vision shopping data
- Labour MP says her party is not trying to win election
- Williams to miss rest of season after announcing pregnancy
- Patriots respond to comparison photo showing team with Obama versus Trump
- Ann Coulter vows to speak at Berkeley after event called off
- 'Pakistan has sufficient evidence against Kulbhushan Jadhav'
- Arkansas executes inmate after US Supreme Court gives go-ahead
- Force India boss Vijay Mallya arrested
- There Was Just Nothing The Pacers Could Do To Stop LeBron James
- Steve Hansen: Gatland 'clutching at straws'
- Korea calls on UN Secretariat to hold forum on Security Council resolutions