Likely to hit the market this coming September, as most major Apple phone releases do, the 10th anniversary edition of the iPhone is rumored to be pricier that past generations - possibly starting in the neighborhood of $1,000.
Overall, critical reception seems to be positive - though Samsung's claim that the move towards minimal bezels represents a new era in smartphone innovation and design has encountered a healthy dose of skepticism from some.
Boasting some of the largest wrap-around screens ever made, the long-awaited S8 is the South Korean technology company's first new premium phone after it permanently halted sales of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones in October after a failed recall attempt.More news: Donald Trump: 'I Can't Answer' If Kim Jong Un Is Mentally Unstable
Even if they have similar screens, Apple could still manage to one-up the S8 display by embedding the Touch ID sensor and home button into the screen. There's a fingerprint scanner on the back. "We also believe the impressive installed base should drive strong iPhone replacement sales and earnings, as well as cash flow generation to fund strong long-term capital returns".
In fact, many observers have noted that the increased price-tag expected for the "iPhone 8" appears to be aimed in part at controlling market demand to reduce potential supply issues.
In one of our many posts on Wednesday covering Samsung's big announcements, we commented on how annoying it was that Apple fans were accusing Samsung of copying Apple's naming scheme by calling its phablet the "Galaxy S8 Plus".More news: Legal Pot Will Be Available By Canada Day 2018
They will go on sale on April 21.
Will Apple bring a depth-sensing camera to the next iPhone?
Samsung halted their sales in 10 markets, and the phones were banned from aircraft in the USA, denting a revival of the firm's mobile business. However, the site added, "the impact of a healthy S8 reception on Apple will probably be limited". Apple shares have soared 24% year to date, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average has tacked on 4.7%.More news: March 2017 NPD: Nintendo Switch sales surpass 906000 in the U.S.
On Thursday, Cowen & Co. analyst Tim Arcuri said in a note to investors that Apple's stronghold in software and apps should maintain the company's attraction for many consumers.
- Fox News announces Bill O'Reilly's departure, citing sexual harassment allegations
- South Korea on heightened alert as Russian Federation denies troop movements toward North
- Hope France vote strengthens European Union prospects, Italian Premier
- Russia, US in spat over United Nations condemnation of N. Korea
- Pence reaffirms US-Australia alliance after Trump spat
- Chelsea versus Tottenham Hotspur
- Rajinikanth's 2.0 to release in Jan 2018
- Penguins vs. Blue Jackets: Game 4 prediction
- The Fast & The Furious: Ranking Every Movie From Worst To Best
- TBI: Tip led to Amber Alert subjects in rural Calif. cabin