Samsung has been launching Active models of its flagships for years now and generally these versions have shared some common elements, but now there are more major changes between the older Galaxy S7 and the new Galaxy S8 to make us wonder about the design.
Although there were doubts about Samsung releasing the Galaxy S8 Active this time around, a report from SamMobile claimed that the device indeed exists. The Galaxy S7 Active came with a Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery, compared with the Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery on the standard Galaxy S7.
Leaks and rumors surrounding Apple's iPhone 8, which is likely to launch in September, indicate that phone could share some of the same features seen in the Galaxy S8.
Reportedly, Samsung is witnessing a strong demand across the globe and the new devices are all set to be released by the end of April in different locations.More news: Braves celebrate Opening Day at SunTrust Park as a success
The device is expected to feature a massive 6.4-inch Super AMOLED with a near bezel-less look, thanks to Samsung's new "Infinity Display" technology.
To recall, Samsung launched both the flagship phones at an Unpacked event in NY on March 29 and started taking preorders in some countries such as South Korea.
The new smartphones are being closely watched because these devices mark the first major launch by Samsung after the devastating battery issues that forced the company to recall the Note7 and stop its production altogether in October previous year.
Samsung said in a statement that the key features on its Galaxy S8, such as Reminder, Home and Vision can already be accessed by tech fans together with the improved reality on the handset's camera app.More news: Trump Signs Bill Letting States Deny Federal Funds to Abortion Providers
The smartphones run Android 7.0 Nougat under Samsung's customised interface.
But to make sure the Bixby English version works seamlessly, Samsung says the virtual assistant won't be available in the USA market until May. Since then, the company has sold 728,000 units of the Galaxy S8 in just one week in the country. The Galaxy S8 features a 3,000mAh battery, while the Galaxy S8+ is fuelled by a 3,500mAh battery.
We expect the Galaxy smartphones to launch in a price range closer to Rs 50,000 mark.More news: Trump signs executive orders on financial regulations
- Slaven Bilic could drop goalkeeper Darren Randolph for Everton clash
- Marquez tries to continue Americas race perfection
- Will Smith's widow 'extremely disappointed' in Cardell Hayes' 25-year sentence
- Trudeau hosting Italian PM in Ottawa following Trump visit
- Eden Hazard reveals one difference between Antonio Conte and Jose Mourinho
- UFC 210: Daniel Cormier beats Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
- Pennsylvania survivalist convicted of murdering state trooper
- Love Lost? Trump Administration Prepares to Charge Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange
- British parliament backs May's plan for snap election
- Fire crews rush to calls in San Francisco outage