Bayern were victim of two harsh calls, as midfielder Arturo Vidal saw red, and Cristiano Ronaldo scored an effort which appeared offside. "We have been shafted in the truest sense of the word", fumed Rummenigge during the team banquet.
"The team was literally in ruins in the changing room", he said. "It was an unfortunate, undeserved and bitter defeat".
The German champions however crumbled in extra time to lose 3-6 on aggregate.
So as not to get into too much trouble with UEFA, the Italian manager was clearly annoyed but measured when he said: "We had thought of everything going into this game - except the referee".
London [U.K], April 19: Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is likely to miss the rest of the football season after suffering a left foot injury against Tuesday's clash against Real Madrid. Thomas Mueller said he found it hard to blame a referee for a defeat "but today there's no way around it".More news: Lawyer: Kidnapped 15-year-old girl back home in Tennessee
Bayern Munich attacker Thomas Muller said he felt his side had played "10 against 14" in their Champions League defeat at Real Madrid on Tuesday.
"There is a lot of anger". Some decisions by the referee ultimately decided the match.
"When they rob a game from you like that, it's very tough".
RONALDO OFF SIDE Sergio Ramos played a superb lofted ball over the Bayern back four to Ronaldo who was stood offside.More news: Pro-Islamic State note found near Paris gunman, source says
Correction: This article originally referred to Karl-Heinz Rummenigge as the Bayern Munich chief executive. "Thanks, ref - bravooooo" winger Franck Ribery wrote on Twitter.
His Real Madrid counterpart Zinedine Zidane did not want to discuss the refereeing but he claimed Bayern's second goal could have also been ruled offside.
Germany forward Thomas Mueller took a more diplomatic line.
Ulrich hasn't been able to push for Neuer's starting spot and earlier this year he said he was open to switching clubs to get more playing time.More news: PDP worker killed, 2 injured in Jammu and Kashmir
- Monaco beats Dortmund to reach Champions League semifinals
- Death toll in Venezuelan protests reaches nine
- Atlus Registers a Few Domains That Point Towards Persona
- Democratic Korea is Ready to Repel US Attack
- Compound in marijuana seems to help with severe form of epilepsy
- Celtics Coach: If Smart made a gesture, 'it's unacceptable'
- Facebook's latest internet-beaming drone is a tiny tethered helicopter
- Padres' Weaver gets first crack at Braves
- USA again puts faith in China to rein in North Korea
- Wall Street set to open slightly higher; French election eyed