The festival is called Easter, Pascha in Greek or Ressurection Sunday.
"The Easter season is regarded as the highest point in the Catholic Church's liturgical season", said Father Larry Klein, the reverend at St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Harlingen.
"It overpowers even death, and because of Christ's resurrection from the dead we, too, are given the gift of life eternal".
According to recent studies about 80 percent of Americans are celebrating the Easter holiday and more than 50 percent of Americans are expected to attend Easter mass today.More news: Youth detained for post against Andhra CM
He charged Christians to give God a chance in their lives in order for him to lift them from their predicaments reiterating the fact that Easter marks the celebration of faith and would therefore be meaningless if Christians wavered in their belief.
Marking the end of the Holy Week in Christianity, Easter Sunday is celebrated after mass prayers by the handing out of Easter eggs.
He said that in the current insecure and troubled world, those who follow Jesus Christ have a peace and a hope that is not determined by what goes on around them, but by sure knowledge that God remains in control, working His objective out through all their moments of anxiety and darkness. "Easter celebrates the rising of Jesus from death to a new life, reminding us that light conquers darkness, love conquers hatred and truth conquers deceit".
"Even the darkest moments can be filled with light because of the good news of Easter", Palmer said.More news: Clint Eastwood to direct film on thwarted terrorist train attack
Oftentimes the two Easters are about a month apart, Hibbard said, with Orthodox Easter landing on the later dates when the two don't mesh.
"Where at times we can lose track of our faith or have faced personal struggles throughout the year, Easter Sunday is a reminder of how greatly blessed we are to be in communion with God through Jesus Christ, his son", Klein said.
I love Easter when families come together to share a meal, a few hours of making memories, a reminder of just how important they are to each other.
"Alabare a mi Senor!"More news: Fox stock holds steady following O'Reilly firing
- Ultra-mobile Windows 10 PCs built with smartphone processors coming this year
- New details on federal investigation into Fox News
- Security forces will be vigilant during election after Paris shooting - French president
- Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
- Kim Jong-un warns of 'super-mighty preemptive strike' against US
- Canada's telecom regulator rules online data be treated equally
- Thornton returns to lineup for Sharks in Game 3 vs. Oilers
- South Korea on heightened alert as North readies for army anniversary
- Will Smith death: Man who killed National Football League star sentenced to 25 years
- Russian planes detected off Alaska 4 times this week