Titleholders Real Madrid, last year's runners-up Atletico Madrid or Juventus await in the semi-finals but Monaco will not abandon their style according to Jardim, who could not hide his pride post-match.
The kick-off was delayed by five minutes, affecting Dortmund's concentration again.
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao stunned the Manchester City fans with an expert chip over the keeper sending City crashing out of the Champions League.More news: North Korea threatens to 'ravage' USA if Trump orders airstrike
The Dortmund player who suffered a broken wrist in the attack on the team bus, Spanish defender Marc Bartra, was in the stands and received a Monaco shirt before the start of the match.
Leonardo Jardim's young Monaco side have swept aside all before them in the Champions League this season, entertaining as they go with a brand of fearless, attacking football that the Portuguese boss said before the tie is part of their "DNA".
Mbappe netted twice in the first leg and a goal here merely enhanced the burgeoning reputation of a player who has scored 14 goals in his last 13 appearances for the Ligue 1 leaders.More news: Bulls beat Celtics again
After losing 3-2 at home in the first leg, the visitors had little choice but to go forward in numbers, leaving themselves vulnerable on the counter-attack.
Marco Reus has returned to first-team action and should start against Monaco with Borussia Dortmund 3-2 down from the first leg. "Our heads have to be focused on tomorrow's game, we're 90 minutes into the Champions League semi-finals but that's true for our opponents as well". We are 90 minutes away from qualifying.
An early goal would have been the one thing Thomas Tuchel wanted to avoid, but the breathtakingly talented Kylian Mbappe put the home side in front after just two minutes. "It was a hard result to turn around, although we tried until the end". I feel better on the field, the results are positive.More news: Wizards' Ian Mahinmi to miss at least Games 3, 4 at Hawks
And when Lionel Messi did get free inside the area, Barcelona's all-time leading scorer squandered both his chances to spark a fight back.
- Trump's budget chief says money for border wall a must
- Fox stock holds steady following O'Reilly firing
- May wins Parliament vote to hold snap elections on June 8
- After attack, France looks toward weekend presidential vote
- The Bidding War for Bond is Underway!
- Trump Predicts Deadly Paris Shooting Will Have 'Big Effect' On French Election
- Youth detained for post against Andhra CM
- Iran not pulling weight on 2015 nuclear deal
- Thornton returns to lineup for Sharks in Game 3 vs. Oilers
- Russian planes detected off Alaska 4 times this week