The incident occurred at the conclusion of the 109-101 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night that gave the Wizards a 2-0 lead in their Eastern Conference series.
He grew up in New Orleans but moved to Texas in 2005 after the city was struck by Hurricane Katrina.
The Wizards have a 2-0 lead in the best-of-7 series. Washington has held the Hawks to only 5/29 (17.2%) on catch-and-shoot opportunities overall, way below their 37.5% regular season mark. With Ian Mahinmi out for the time being, Gortat has stayed out of foul trouble and grabbed 12 offensive rebounds through two games. "If we get Game Three, then you think about getting Game Four".More news: AMD RX 580 price and availability
The Hawks entered the fourth quarter with a 78-74 advantage, before Brandon Jennings provided a spark for the Wizards off the bench in the fourth quarter, hitting three straight step-back jumpers before finding Jason Smith for a ferocious dunk, eliciting loud cheers from the crowd, and timing tying the game at 84. Gortat has outplayed Atlanta center Dwight Howard in the first two games of the series.
The fourth game will be Monday in Atlanta. They're going to come out much stronger, much harder and, at the end of the day, I know Dwight's going to bring it.
After Washington won the series opener over the weekend, Millsap bemoaned aloud about how things went, saying: "The difference in the game is we were playing basketball and they were playing MMA". The Polish Hammer has turned in back-to-back double-doubles for the Wizards, including a 14-point, 10-rebound, 5-block performance in Game 2. In Game 1, the lineup combination of Wall, Beal, Porter, Morris, and Gortat saw 25 minutes on the court together, dominating their minutes on the floor.More news: F1 Bahrain GP: Bottas expects Mercedes, Ferrari pace battle to swing
Hawks: Shot 0 for 8 on 3-point attempts in the first half, and finished 4 for 20.
Washington coach Scott Brooks said before traveling to Atlanta on Friday that Mahinmi's strained left calf was re-evaluated and has improved but he "definitely won't play the next few games".
"We were a little stagnant on offense", Beal said. "We have to take it one game at a time".More news: No one will be fired in United passenger dragging incident
- Goldman Sachs Maintains Sell on Tesla Inc (TSLA)
- Trump's budget chief says money for border wall a must
- Prince's home state marks death anniversary with celebration
- Wells Fargo ups sales practices settlement to $142 million
- North Korea's Missile Test Fails, US and South Korean Government Confirm
- UK's May wins MPs' backing snap poll
- At least 1 DOC officer disciplined in Hernandez death investigation
- May's Conservatives lead in latest election YouGov poll
- Goffin downs Djokovic to set up possible Nadal showdown
- US pilot ejects from jet approaching carrier headed for Korean peninsula