Police stand by close to the Dome in Marseille before the meeting of the French presidential election candidate for the Front National (FN) party Marine Le Pen, during a campaign on April 19, 2017, in Marseille, southern France.
If no candidate wins more than 50 percent of the vote on Sunday, there will be a run-off election between the two top vote-getters on May 7.
Until recently, the expectation was that France would not have an electoral shock like Britain did with Brexit and the United States with the election of Mr Donald Trump.More news: Attorney Says Aaron Hernandez Could Have Been Murdered
The two-round presidenti.
French independent candidate Emmanuel Macron remains in front in the first round of the French presidential election, 3.5 percentage points ahead of far-right hopeful Marine Le Pen, a Harris Interactive poll for LCP broadcaster said Wednesday. In Marseille. She reiterated her plan to expel all foreigners in a suspect file and strip dual national suspects of their French nationality. However, Le Pen has lost some ground as Fillon and Melenchon closed the gap.
The polls have four candidates - centrist Emmanuel Macron, conservative Francois Fillon and communist Jean-Luc Melenchon - neck and neck within the margin of error.More news: Fox News fires Bill O'Reilly after sexual harassment accusations
Valls, defeated by Benoit Hamon in the Socialist primary, has said he will vote for Macron.
Le Pen has said she would extend the law banning "ostensible" religious signs to the streets of France. It's in France, where many speculate that the future of the European Union will be decided.
Opponents of Le Pen and her anti-immigration National Front party also skirmished with police outside a Paris rally this week. She said Wednesday that "I am a candidate in the election for the French republic" and said Europe is acting like France's "enemy".More news: Athletes, fans honor Stockholm truck attack victims
- UK Foreign Secretary Cancels Moscow Visit
- GTA Online Getting Tiny Racers On The 25th
- United Kingdom parliament clears mid-term 'Brexit poll'
- Antarctic Meltwater Isn't the Crisis We Thought It Was
- Food and Farm-Milk Dispute story
- Rex Tillerson: U.S. Is Conducting 'Comprehensive Review' Of Iran Nuclear Deal
- First Family attends their first Easter Egg roll
- Lyon break Besiktas hearts in Istanbul after 1st leg clashes
- Malcolm Mitchell: 'Almost brought me to tears' to be mentioned by president
- The GKN plc (GKN) Rating Reiterated by Liberum Capital