Police stand by close to the Dome in Marseille before the meeting of the French presidential election candidate for the Front National (FN) party Marine Le Pen, during a campaign on April 19, 2017, in Marseille, southern France.
If no candidate wins more than 50 percent of the vote on Sunday, there will be a run-off election between the two top vote-getters on May 7.
Until recently, the expectation was that France would not have an electoral shock like Britain did with Brexit and the United States with the election of Mr Donald Trump.More news: Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro Launched in India: Price, Specifications and Release date
The two-round presidenti.
French independent candidate Emmanuel Macron remains in front in the first round of the French presidential election, 3.5 percentage points ahead of far-right hopeful Marine Le Pen, a Harris Interactive poll for LCP broadcaster said Wednesday. In Marseille. She reiterated her plan to expel all foreigners in a suspect file and strip dual national suspects of their French nationality. However, Le Pen has lost some ground as Fillon and Melenchon closed the gap.
The polls have four candidates - centrist Emmanuel Macron, conservative Francois Fillon and communist Jean-Luc Melenchon - neck and neck within the margin of error.More news: Bill O'Reilly gets axed by Fox
Valls, defeated by Benoit Hamon in the Socialist primary, has said he will vote for Macron.
Le Pen has said she would extend the law banning "ostensible" religious signs to the streets of France. It's in France, where many speculate that the future of the European Union will be decided.
Opponents of Le Pen and her anti-immigration National Front party also skirmished with police outside a Paris rally this week. She said Wednesday that "I am a candidate in the election for the French republic" and said Europe is acting like France's "enemy".More news: Rex Tillerson: U.S. Is Conducting 'Comprehensive Review' Of Iran Nuclear Deal
- UK Foreign Secretary Cancels Moscow Visit
- Antarctic Meltwater Isn't the Crisis We Thought It Was
- UN strongly condemns North Korean missile launch after delay
- On CNN, Dershowitz Slams 'Holocaust Denier' Smear of Spicer
- First Family attends their first Easter Egg roll
- Attorney Says Aaron Hernandez Could Have Been Murdered
- EPA to reconsider oil and gas industry emissions requirements
- GTA Online Getting Tiny Racers On The 25th
- New test results indicate use of sarin gas in Syria
- BP workers discover "uncontrolled gas release" at North Slope well house