According to Nick Underhill of the New Orleans Advocate, the Saints are going to Minnesota to open the season on Monday Night Football. The first is, of course, in Week 1 at home against the Saints on MNF.
It's likely the Saints wouldn't sign Peterson until after the draft but it's been reported from multiple sources that the future Hall of Fame running back is willing to play for $5 million or less given the right situation. The Saints have never been able to overcome slow starts to the season under Sean Payton.More news: Teacher faces federal charge in student case
ESPN likes to schedule games with a little bit of lagniappe as they say in New Orleans. Five of their first eight games are at the friendly confines of U.S. Bank Stadium, and one of the three road games before the bye is their trip to take on the Cleveland Browns at Twickenham Stadium in London, England.
The Vikings will travel to Atlanta for a Week 13 showdown against the Falcons. In Week 15, the Vikings' return to U.S. Bank Stadium after the aforementioned three-game road trip, the Vikings will host the Cincinnati Bengals.More news: May's Conservatives lead in latest election YouGov poll
Finally, for the third time in four years, the Vikings will conclude the season by hosting the Chicago Bears.
The Saints will play three straight NFC North opponents in weeks 6, 7 and 8. If the Vikings don't qualify for the postseason it could be the result of a battering during this brutal stretch, but if they do qualify for the postseason they will do so after becoming battle-tested. Will another big-game be in store for this year's late-season Lambeau date?More news: At least 1 DOC officer disciplined in Hernandez death investigation
- AMD RX 580 price and availability
- United Nations condemns North Korea missile launch after Russia, US spar over words
- Goldman Sachs Maintains Sell on Tesla Inc (TSLA)
- Trump's budget chief says money for border wall a must
- US pilot ejects from jet approaching carrier headed for Korean peninsula
- UK's May wins MPs' backing snap poll
- Wells Fargo ups sales practices settlement to $142 million
- Karen Handel Wiki: Facts to Know about Georgia's Former Secretary of State
- Brisbane win a thriller over the Wanderers
- Prince's home state marks death anniversary with celebration