According to Nick Underhill of the New Orleans Advocate, the Saints are going to Minnesota to open the season on Monday Night Football. The first is, of course, in Week 1 at home against the Saints on MNF.
It's likely the Saints wouldn't sign Peterson until after the draft but it's been reported from multiple sources that the future Hall of Fame running back is willing to play for $5 million or less given the right situation. The Saints have never been able to overcome slow starts to the season under Sean Payton.More news: Man who killed NFL star Will Smith sentenced to 25 years
ESPN likes to schedule games with a little bit of lagniappe as they say in New Orleans. Five of their first eight games are at the friendly confines of U.S. Bank Stadium, and one of the three road games before the bye is their trip to take on the Cleveland Browns at Twickenham Stadium in London, England.
The Vikings will travel to Atlanta for a Week 13 showdown against the Falcons. In Week 15, the Vikings' return to U.S. Bank Stadium after the aforementioned three-game road trip, the Vikings will host the Cincinnati Bengals.More news: Wells Fargo ups sales practices settlement to $142 million
Finally, for the third time in four years, the Vikings will conclude the season by hosting the Chicago Bears.
The Saints will play three straight NFC North opponents in weeks 6, 7 and 8. If the Vikings don't qualify for the postseason it could be the result of a battering during this brutal stretch, but if they do qualify for the postseason they will do so after becoming battle-tested. Will another big-game be in store for this year's late-season Lambeau date?More news: US pilot ejects from jet approaching carrier headed for Korean peninsula
- UK Snap Election Called to Strengthen May's Mandate for Brexit Talks - Lawmaker
- Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold, Inc. (NYSE:FCX) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Ramos and Pique rivalry underlines Clasico tension
- Trump's budget chief says money for border wall a must
- May's Conservatives lead in latest election YouGov poll
- Trump celebrates after his unpopularity puts red seats in play
- F1 Bahrain GP: Bottas expects Mercedes, Ferrari pace battle to swing
- Huge comeback win as Cavs take 3-0 lead
- AMD RX 580 price and availability
- Starbucks Has Unveiled a Unicorn Frappuccino-Solidifying (or Killing?) the Trend