The Japanese gaming giant is now proudly revealing just how much Nintendo Switch units its was able to sell in March, in the USA alone, making it its fastest-selling video game system in its history and, a bolder claim to make, one of the fastest selling gaming system of all time. That means that Nintendo sold more of this game for Nintendo Switch than it sold Nintendo Switch systems. The latest Nintendo platform has managed to ship more than 500,000 unites in the NA territories, bringing the overall global sales at 906,000 in just one month since its official release on March 3.
To put the Switch in comparison to the Wii U, that console sold roughly 890k units in the USA after 41 days on the market.More news: Sacked news host Bill O'Reilly blasts 'unfounded' harassment claims
Nintendo's new Switch console-handheld hybrid system has smashes even more sales records, and the Japanese console-maker now recognizes the Switch as the fastest-selling console in Nintendo's history. Interestingly enough, Nintendo sold more copies of Breath of the Wild's Switch port than it sold actual Nintendo Switch consoles!
The official global sales figure will be released on April 21 - when the company reports its full year earnings for the year ended March 31.More news: Police officer killed, another wounded in Paris shooting
Based on these figures, SuperData projects that Nintendo Switch will have 7.2 million units sold in 2017, which is considerably higher than original forecast (5 millions in 2017). 925,000 of those copies were on the Switch and 460,000 were sold on the Wii U. The Nintendo Switch is sold out at nearly every store, with Ebay having the only inventory. This is suggested to be because a portion of buyers were buying more than one copy: one as a collector's item and the other to actually play.
This, unsurprisingly, makes it the fastest selling Zelda game in Nintendo's history, too.More news: Republicans float health care compromise ahead of Trump's 100-day mark
The company noted that it's working on better distribution for the Switch, especially with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe right around the corner this month, and ARMS and Splatoon 2 releasing later in the summer.
- Nawaz Sharif to remain Pakistan PM, says Supreme Court
- Ossoff Only Earned 1.3 Percent More Than Clinton In Georgia's 6th
- Google Home's assistant can now recognize different voices
- Average Brokerage Recommendation for Regions Financial Corporation (RF)
- Starving Striking Palestinian Prisoners leader put in isolation
- First Roger Ailes, Now Bill O'Reilly
- Analysts Near-Term outlook: Cardinal Health, Inc. (CAH), Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY)
- Pence avoids direct answer on North Korea sabotage
- Cannot be complacent about potential threat of N. Korean missiles - UK minister
- Baby orca! Last killer whale born at SeaWorld