Burson suddenly yells. "I have unicorn crap all in my hair and in my nose!" Once the sour (mostly) faded, the Unicorn Frappuccino mainly made me wish I'd gotten a straight up mango one instead.
For context, the limited-run (April 19-23) beverage comprises 410 calories, 16 grams of fat, and 45 milligrams of cholesterol.
And honestly, what can be more magical than a drink that changes colors and flavors as you drink it? A simple stirring of the drink will transform it right in front of your eyes from purple and blue with a sweet and fruity flavor to a pink drink that tastes tangy and tart. The new drink comes at a sensitive time for Starbucks, with a new chief executive at the helm and a sales slowdown in 2016 that came amidst an unpopular change in its loyal program. After all, a Unicorn Frappuccino is just the beginning of the food-related products that have been created to satisfy people's unicorn-crazed needs.
Mingtian Zheng, a student pursuing her master's degree in fine arts, confirmed Starbucks' claims of the drink changing in color and flavor, at first seeming sweet and then changing to sour once she stirred.More news: USA says Iran could become another North Korea if left 'unchecked'
The drink is topped with whipped cream and some questionably edible blue and pink "fairy" powders.
To my amazement, the drink looked as pink, blue and swirly as it did in the advertisements.
Some baristas are getting a little sloppy with the blue drizzle, sure, but even these slightly messy drinks still look good.
I relate to this so well today has been one hell of a day for us baristas.More news: At least 1 DOC officer disciplined in Hernandez death investigation
Whoa, things just got really sour.
Starbucks' corporate offices are simply capitalizing on our melancholic reality, but their employees aren't having it.
Starbucks' description of the beverage left me skeptical. "[The drink] seems like something you would find in a hipster cafe in New York City, not in a Starbucks in Buffalo".More news: Brisbane win a thriller over the Wanderers
- No one will be fired in United passenger dragging incident
- Samsung Galaxy S8 pre-orders eclipse S7
- US reviewing Venezuela's seizure of GM assets
- Prime minister asks for backing for early vote
- Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold, Inc. (NYSE:FCX) Under Analyst Spotlight
- North Korea's Missile Test Fails, US and South Korean Government Confirm
- UK's May wins MPs' backing snap poll
- UK Snap Election Called to Strengthen May's Mandate for Brexit Talks - Lawmaker
- Trump celebrates after his unpopularity puts red seats in play
- Doctor Who: BBC shut down rumours of a female Doctor