The Huffington Post reported that Starbucks has confirmed that the Unicorn Frappuccino will be available for a limited time this week in a number of participating stores in Northern America and Mexico.
The Unicorn Frappuccino starts as "a purple beverage with swirls of blue and a first taste that is sweet and fruity", the Seattle company said in its news release.More news: Jose Mourinho seriously negative on Man United injuries
Before I rip Starbucks a new one for this health-hazard publicity stunt that tastes like the inside of a piñata, let's talk about me for a minute.
To my amazement, the drink looked as pink, blue and swirly as it did in the advertisements.
This drink is also equivalent to three-quarters of a box of Frosted Flakes, which has 75 grams of sugar. Sour powders top the whipped cream, allowing you to mix them in or save the tart burst for the end of your drink. I learned how to drink coffee in a crummy all-night Denny's, the only thing open in my hometown after 10 p.m. besides the BYOB strip club and the ER, and I take my coffee black and bitter as a Denny's night-shift waitress' heart. "It's so hard to make", Burson complained. That's what this drink reminds me of because it made me want to peel my eyelids off. But this odd new addition to the frappuccino family isn't here to stay, as it is only going to be available between April 19 and April 23. I just wish we were sharing something that would help our bodies instead of hurt it. His rant continued, pleading with Starbucks customers to order a different drink.More news: Regular Game Time Pushing Manchester United Target Kylian Mbappe Towards Monaco Stay
Burson said Starbucks aficionados began itching to try the drink weeks ago when photos were shared on social media.
Other students were more reluctant to buy the drink, as it looks unnatural in both its colors and flavors, and were concerned for their health. There is just way too much going on.
The drink's bright colors and flavors might look nearly radioactive, but the only health risk lies in its sugar and calorie content. "I have never made so many Frappuccinos in my entire life", Burson said.More news: 'Zelda' on Switch Breaks Records for a Nintendo Debut
Business Insider reports the tall size has 280 calories and 39 grams of sugar.
- Sanders Urges Party To Go Beyond Comfort Zone
- Juventus hold firm to knock out Barcelona
- United Kingdom delays decision on Sky merger approval
- Washington Post, NYT win Pulitzers for probes of powerful people
- Everyone is making the same point about sexual harassment at Fox
- IFixit Galaxy S8 Teardown Gives It A 4/10 For Repairability
- Man City's Jesus in line for Wembley return against Arsenal
- Raheel Sharif leaves for Saudi to lead Islamic military alliance
- Future of revamped health care bill remains dubious in House
- National Football League confirms schedule release Thursday, 5 pm PT