The Japanese gaming giant is now proudly revealing just how much Nintendo Switch units its was able to sell in March, in the United States alone, making it its fastest-selling video game system in its history and, a bolder claim to make, one of the fastest selling gaming system of all time. At the same time, a game intended for Nintendo's home-and-mobile game device, Zelda Breath of the Wild, has sold more copies than its partner console. That's right, within a month of being on sale, the Nintendo Switch sold almost 1 million units in the United States alone. The NPD Group reported the big sales number, and also said that the sales surge was accomplished in a non-traditional month for a console launch. That's a pretty good situation for Nintendo to be in as they hang their hopes on making the Switch the success that the Wii U failed to be.
It also didn't hurt that "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" - an incredible game that received near-universal praise from critics and consumers alike - launched alongside the Switch.More news: Dota 2 Now Requires Your Phone Number To Play Ranked Matches
Nintendo has finally revealed some concrete sales figures for its new hybrid console/handheld, the Nintendo Switch.
HONG KONG - Nintendo fans can't get enough of the Switch. Most of the reviews posted for the Nintendo Switch have been positive, though there have been some problems occasionally.More news: Vijay Mallya Arrested By The Scotland Yard In London
On the official Nintendo site, all three figures are listed as compatible with the Nintendo Switch game: Zelda Breath of the Wild, as well as the Wii U version.
"While Nintendo Switch sales are off to a record-breaking start, shipments have not yet been able to keep up with such high demand". They assure that they are working hard to make sure that more consoles are continually being shipped to retailers. To put this into perspective, the the Xbox One sold 2 million units in 18 days whereas Sony sold 2.1 million units within 14 days.More news: WhatsApp admins beware: Offensive posts can land you in jail
To that point, "Breath of the Wild" was also a sales monster. That problem will only be exacerbated when games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, and Splatoon 2 debut in the coming months.
- West Virginia governor signs medical marijuana bill
- 'Facebook killer' Steve Stephens dead, Pennsylvania police say
- Patriots honored at White House
- An 'Unchecked Iran' Could Follow Same Path as North Korea: Rex Tillerson
- Rumor: Intel Will Launch Coffee Lake, Basin Falls Earlier Than Expected
- Easter road deaths show 51% increase from past year
- Cavaliers make history with huge rally to win Game 3
- Georgia Special Election Made Alyssa Milano Sick
- Colin Miller ready to return for Bruins tonight
- Galaxy S8 Fingerprint vs Face Recognition vs Iris Scanner: What's Best?