The S8, on the other hand, gets a smaller, 5.8-inch display with the same resolution. The Galaxy S8+ is simply a larger Galaxy S8 with a bigger battery. Actual sales of both the phones will start from May 5.
This device features a stunning AMOLED Infinity display which covers nearly the entire front of the phone. It has a 4GB RAM and a 64GB internal storage which can be expandable upto 256 GB.More news: If China Wants 'To Solve The North Korea Problem, They Will'
Having said this, it is worth recalling that these two smartphones are definitely of great importance for the company, especially after its much expected Galaxy Note 7 failed miserably following the battery incident.
"These devices will offer our consumers a gateway to a new mobile life where the power of innovation will carry them beyond barriers", Asim Warsi, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India, told reporters at the launch event. From the design point of view, there are a few changes such as fingerprint sensor has moved to the rear whereas the front has an on-screen home button sorts with haptic technology. But now Samsung has blocked the feature, which means that as soon as you update your Galaxy S8 after you receive it, you won't be able to remap the Bixby button. Both the processors have comparable performances and in fact the Samsung Exynos 8895 SoC processor beats the Qualcomm processor on some counts. It is also a slight step up from last year's Galaxy S7 which scored a 3 out of 10, and it also brings it back on pair with the Galaxy S6 which also got a score of 4 out of 10.More news: Lined Up: Game #4 @ Bruins
The devices will be available on Flipkart and Samsung's online store from May 5. The phones will be available on Flipkart. With pre-orders for the smartphones kicking off today, Samsung is offering buyers free wireless charging case, and the company has also tied up with Reliance Jio to offer double data.
The new phones come with Samsung's new digital assistant Bixby, which will compete with Apple's Siri, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.More news: Bill O'Reilly Out, Georgia Runoff, Turkish Vote46:37
- Starbucks barista has video meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- Samsung says Galaxy S8 pre-orders beat S7
- Diss biometrics firm Syne Qua Non wins prestigious Queen's Award for Innovation
- Novak Djokovic stunned by David Goffin at Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters
- Oil recoups losses, but USA oil output growth weighs
- One Officer Killed, Two Wounded In Shooting On Paris' Champs Elysees
- UN Security Council condemns North Korea missile test
- Ichiro hits home run in potential final at-bat in Seattle
- Bill Murray To Release Debut Album This Year
- Tillerson accuses Iran of 'provocations'