The new devices will come in 5.8-inch for the S8 and 6.2-inch for the S8+ with smoother surfaces that include no buttons or harsh angles, in order to enable one-handed operating.
A major new feature of the phone is the artificially intelligent voice assistant dubbed Bixby - effectively the company's answer to the iPhone's Siri. Both handsets are water resistant and support biometric authentication with fingerprint and iris scanners. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is Samsung's answer to the Note 7 issue from past year so they went all out for people to move on from that debacle and focus on the latest one. The ease with which the user was able to unlock the device should pose a concern for the users despite other ways of securing the device.More news: 'Facebook killer' Steve Stephens dead, Pennsylvania police say
Interestingly, Samsung wants Bixby to work alongside touch input on its smartphones and be every bit as seamless as typing already is. What's even more impressive is that you can use your camera to get Bixby to do a search about something you're looking at (this will come in handy when you're travelling, for example).
This is something that can be fixed with software before the phone actually makes it into users' hands, but it's concerning that Samsung allowed a feature this easily fooled to appear at the launch. The Galaxy S8 comes in some lovely colours: Midnight Black, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue and Maple Gold. Samsung's very own Exynos 8895 chipset is also capable of hitting gigabit speeds.More news: Brad Stevens Has Worst Playoff Winning Percentage In NBA History
"We've built intelligence into the camera". There's also the Samsung DeX, a dock which essentially turns the new phone into a PC.
"We must be bold enough to step into the unknown and humble enough to learn from our mistakes", Samsung mobile chief Koh Dong-jin said at the event after acknowledging it had been a challenging year for Samsung. The Samsung Galaxy S8 also improves the hardware of the lineup.More news: Patriots honored at White House
- GM says Venezuelan government has taken over plant
- Samsung Galaxy S8 is Gaining Popularity
- 'Supercard' Startup Plastc Goes Belly Up, Screwing Thousands Of Backers
- Dairy Experts: Trump's Promised Trade Changes May Not Come Soon Enough
- Dota 2 Now Requires Your Phone Number To Play Ranked Matches
- USA 'not looking for fight' with North Korea
- Pacers lose to Cavs in Game 2, 117-111
- Galaxy S8 Fingerprint vs Face Recognition vs Iris Scanner: What's Best?
- Ronda Rousey announces engagement to fighter Travis Browne
- Georgia Special Election Made Alyssa Milano Sick