With 6 cores and the ability to handle 12 simultaneous threads, AMD's Ryzen 5 1600X ($249 MSRP) often trounces Intel's Kaby Lake-based Core i5-7600K (4 cores and threads, $242 to $243 recommended price) in productivity and content-creation benchmarks. Skylake-X will apparently consist of three 140W processors that utilize architectures with six, eight, or 10 cores. It is a new CPU from AMD, based on a brand new architecture. Unlike its high-end sibling, the Ryzen 7 which brought a lot of surprises such as more than 50 percent instruction per clock or IPC due to Zen architecture and many other game related enhancements.
Chip families and specsAMD's Ryzen offerings actually mimic the format of Intel's chip families in terms of both name and performance skews. This hardware will be used to make several K-series Core i3, i5, and i7 processors and Z370 chipsets available later this year, with further CPUs and H370, H310, and B360 chipsets set to follow in subsequent months. For those looking for the most powerful Ryzen 7 chip, the 1800X is also on sale hitting a new low with a $51 drop to $448.99.
Ryzen is a 1800X processor and an octacore one, which can support 16 threads being executed. The base clock is a 3.6 GHz one and you can boost it up to 4 GHz.More news: Cavs erase 26-point deficit for win
PerformanceAs for performance, most people generally consider Intel to be better than AMD, and according to performance expectations, the same could ring true with the companies' latest releases. First, Intel is reportedly planning to unveil its Basin Falls platform, in particular the Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X processors and X299 chipset, at the Computex event which will happen this coming May 30 to June 3 in Taipei.
So if you need power and use your PC for processes such as 3D rendering, video encoding or gaming, and know that these tasks run better on multiple cores, then it might be worth investing in AMD.
AMD Ryzen 5 is now already out to the market and now ready for the different consumers.More news: Ibrahimovic joins lengthening injury list at Man United
PriceAMD's top-spec Ryzen CPU is the Ryzen 7 1800X processor can be found for £489 over at Amazon.
Intel will be hoping to re-establish its dominance which has been threatened by AMD's current highest-end CPU, the octa-core Ryzen R7 1800X. However, come down in performance a little and AMD's Ryzen 7 becomes more affordable.More news: Egypt parliament approves three-month state of emergency after Church bombings
- Ivanka Trump promises to donate book profits to charity
- National Football League schedule release coming Thursday night, Chiefs-Patriots expected
- Australia Plans To Tighten Rules For Citizenship
- Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton May Leave 'The Voice' After Miley Cyrus Returns
- Prince William, Kate and Prince Harry launch new media centre
- Fugitive ex-governor of Mexican state of Veracruz detained
- House Oversight chair Jason Chaffetz just announced he isn't running for re-election
- Form Kolkata Knight Riders look to add to Gujarat's misery
- Pence Visits Carrier as Questions Emerge Over Trump's `Armada'
- Olympic hurdles champion banned for whereabouts mix-up