Swansea City manager Paul Clement confirms that he would be interested in signing Chelsea skipper John Terry should his side avoid relegation this season. He has unbelievable talent and he is a fantastic leader - one of a dying breed of leaders.
A terrible run of one point from six games has Swansea sitting 18th in the table, two points adrift of safety with five matches left to play as they prepare for the visit of 11th-placed Stoke. The most Fernando has done in a game since I've been here is 65 metres sprinting. We all have the belief we will stay up.
The 27-year-old Iceland worldwide is the second highest scorer for Swansea this season with nine goals, as well as providing the most assists with 11; nine ahead of any other player. They've won five of seven unbeaten games stretching back to the end of December, beating Liverpool and drawing with Everton in that time (as well as beating Man Utd at the KCOM Stadium in the League Cup during that run), and the fact that they've kept only one clean sheet in that run seems not to be an issue for the Tigers.More news: Vettel 'forefront' of title chase, says Ferrari boss
"I hope the players respond, they have not responded well over the last six games when pressure has been there but we have to perform to alleviate it".
"He wasn't 100 per cent at Watford. If we win our games at the Liberty then that could be enough to push us over the line". I've seen the players battling and going hammer and tongs in training this week.
"They know how important this is for the club, for the fans and for the city".More news: Congresswoman Maxine Waters: 'Bill O'Reilly Needs to Go to Jail'
'We do look at the stats and believe it or not that is 20 meters more than he (Llorente) has done in other games, ' Clement said. "Otherwise the last few games will be for nothing".
"The process has been the same as when we were winning games".
"But we should be going into the game confident that we can get the right result".More news: Gun shop burglary suspect mailed manifesto to Trump
With relegation looming large for the Swans, we look at five players who would be too good to play in the Championship.
- Serena Williams's pregnant victory reminds us how incredible women's bodies are
- 3 keys to Game 2 of Hawks-Wizards series
- US Reviews 'Failed' Iran Nuclear Deal
- Migrants: record numbers rescued in the Med
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Ashmore Group plc (ASHM) Given "Hold" Rating at Peel Hunt
- Trump on Paris attack: "What can you say? It just never ends"
- North Korea threatens 'super-mighty' strike on U.S.
- United States reverses itself on status of deported Mexican
- China's economy grows 6.9% in first quarter of 2017