United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz said on Tuesday that no employees will lose their jobs in the aftermath of last week's viral incident where a passenger was dragged off a flight.
All three are still suspended pending an internal investigation into their conduct.
A university student in sociology grappling with the complexities of race and class in post-apartheid society would learn much more from a morning in third class (yes, that's what it's openly called) than in a stifling seminar room on campus.
"We felt pretty good about the communications that we've had so far and our ability to reassure them and explain things like overbooking", Kirby said.More news: Cuba Gooding Sr. found dead in his vehicle
In the week since United Airlines made headlines when a ticketed passenger was aggressively hauled off his flight, the company has updated its crew travel policies to ensure passengers won't get booted and compensated all travelers on the fateful fight.
Enthusiasm for the airline's first-quarter financial results, in which United's profits beat analysts' expectations, was tempered by vows to learn from the incident and put the focus back on customers.
David Dao, a 69-year-old Kentucky physician, was bloodied and dragged off the plane by Chicago airport officers who had been summoned by United employees when Dao wouldn't give up his seat.
"I'm sure there was lots of conjecture about me personally", said Mr Munoz, adding that he had the support of United's board.More news: Uh oh: Samsung Galaxy S8 could have a big problem
Munoz declined to comment on any other policy changes coming to United Airlines, according to The Tribune.
The incident on United Flight 3411 last week that sent the airline into an unprecedented public relations crisis hasn't caused it to downgrade performance expectations going into the second quarter. "That's normally a very low booking period", United President Scott Kirby said on the call.
Munoz was then forced to issue a proper apology, saying he "continues to be disturbed" by what happened and that the airline would "fix what's broken so it never happens again".
Social media users across the United States, Vietnam and China called for a boycott of the airline over the incident.More news: 2 more charged in Michigan genital mutilation investigation
The video of a passenger being forcibly removed from an overbooked flight has been watched by millions.
- UC Berkeley calls off Ann Coulter talk for security reasons
- New Chicago Bears 7-round mock draft
- Authorities: Tennessee student, teacher found in California
- National Hockey League playoffs: Senators at Bruins Game 3
- ISIS claims credit for fatal Paris shooting
- The truth is out there: 'The X-Files is coming back
- Microsoft's Platform Independent "To-Do" app Launched as Preview Version
- Tsonga loses opening match in Monte Carlo, Djokovic wins
- Fresno shooting suspect due in court on murder charge
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (NYSE:FCAU) Rises 1.91% in Pre-session