Warm today but a much cooler weekend... North northeast wind 5 to 8 miles per hour. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Winds could gust as high as 25 miles per hour.
The region has recorded 1.96 inches of rain this month, according to data provided by the National Weather Service, but is almost a half inch shy of average precipitation for April. Up to a quarter of an inch of rain could fall, and higher amounts could fall in thunderstorms. Winds through the day will be out of the northeast under 15 miles per hour. Temperatures will drop into the 30s.More news: Man vowed to kill white men
SUNDAY: Scattered rain showers continue with a high temperature of 64 degrees. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of rain is 30 percent.
Tomorrow the best chance for rain is in the morning although a few showers can't be ruled out in the afternoon.More news: Jimmy Kimmel hilariously mocks Starbucks' 'latest abomination' with his own new drink
Thursday's high in Madison was 57 at 1:41 p.m., 2 degrees below the normal high and 28 degrees below the record high of 85 for April 20, set in 1987. East winds 5 to 10 mph.Becoming south after midnight.
Sunday: A 40 percent chance of light rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. Low around 40. North northeast wind 11 to 16 miles per hour.More news: IS launches chemical 'gas attack' in western Mosul
Early next week looks like a nice improvement weather-wise with more sun and highs around 12 C. Chance of rain is 70 percent. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. There will then be a slight chance of showers for the remainder of the day, and cloudy skies will gradually clear. Another round of rain showers, that will be heavy at times, will develop this weekend. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.
- GM says Venezuelan government has taken over plant
- S. Korea dismisses Trump's reported remark that it was part of China
- USS Carl Vinson was sent to Indian Ocean, not Korean Peninsula
- How many draft trades did Bears make?
- Former Tennessee teacher in kidnapping case captured, girl safe
- Arkansas conducts first execution since 2005, plans 3 more
- Lawyer: Fox Launching Investigation Into Harassment Claim Against Bill O'Reilly
- O'Sullivan: I am exhausted of being bullied
- Paris police officer killed and two injured in suspected terrorist shooting
- A 'trading disaster:' Trump slams NAFTA, repeats attacks on Canada's dairy industry