His regime has also been marked by controversy over USA intervention in Syria, and widespread dismay at his choice of the conservative Jeff Sessions as attorney general.
President Trump, who as a candidate put forward a contract with voters on what he accomplish in his first 100 days in office, on Friday called that a "ridiculous standard".
Meanwhile, earlier this week, Mr Trump seized on a poll by Rasmussen Reports - a poll whose methodology was questioned by others - which suggested his approval rating stood as high as 49 per cent.More news: Here's why PM Modi banned mobile phones in meetings with bureaucrats
The "S.C." was apparently a reference to Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil M. Gorsuch, whom the Republican-led Senate confirmed this month after changing its filibuster rules over fierce objections from Democrats. His second attempt at a Muslim ban executive order was blocked by a federal court.
Since then, the first 100 days has been the test of a new president's productivity, though none have come close to matching FDR. Those included bills to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, dramatically cut taxes, spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investments and significantly expand school choice.
Also casting a shadow over Trump's first 100 days is a set of ongoing investigations into Russian election interference and potential ties between members of Trump's presidential campaign and Moscow.More news: Prince William, Kate and Prince Harry launch new media centre
Trump's travel ban, the policy version of a proposal that began during the GOP primary as a promise to ban all Muslims from entering the USA, has also stumbled out of the starting blocks.
The first 100 days of a new administration are generally understood to be among the busiest, when a freshly-sworn-in president can begin making good on promises he made during the preceding campaign.
"There are those that say I've done more than anybody in 100 days", Trump said February 28 on Fox.More news: Dota 2 Now Requires Your Phone Number To Play Ranked Matches
- Pence Visits Carrier as Questions Emerge Over Trump's `Armada'
- Ivanka Trump promises to donate book profits to charity
- Macron urges calm in wake of police shooting
- West Virginia governor signs medical marijuana bill
- Google Home Smart Speaker Now Supports Multiple Users
- Form Kolkata Knight Riders look to add to Gujarat's misery
- Lilium successfully tests five seater flying taxi prototype in Germany
- Egypt parliament approves three-month state of emergency after Church bombings
- Rumor: Intel Will Launch Coffee Lake, Basin Falls Earlier Than Expected
- Protest erupts at Wits University