Last week, rumblings of another sexual assault investigation against a Michigan State football player began.
Michigan State football player Auston Robertson has been charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct, the Ingham County Prosecutor announced on Friday.
"We will continue to educate and enforce high standards for the program", coach Mark Dantonio said after initially learning of the alleged incident. I expect all of our players to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and principles of Michigan State University.More news: Oil prices flatten as rise in United States production weighs
Ingham County Prosecuting Attorney Carol Siemon released details of the charge this morning. That player is now identified as Robertson.
The matter is separate from the ongoing investigation into the three other suspended players and a staff member, the Free Press said.
In March, Robertson entered a diversionary program.More news: United Kingdom delays decision on Sky merger approval
According to Scout.com, Robertson was a 4-star prospect out of Fort Wayne, Indiana, prior to committing to Michigan State. The university has confirmed that recruiting director Curtis Blackwell is the only football staff member now under suspension, but would not say if his suspension was related to the sexual assault allegations. University police requested four arrest warrants on February 16 for that incident.
Four warrant requests have been submitted to the prosecutor in that case, three for sexual assault and a fourth for a non-sexual crime. All extra evidentiary materials prosecutors asked for have been turned in, and they're in the process of making a charging decision.More news: Sanders Urges Party To Go Beyond Comfort Zone
- Herrera vows to keep proving his worth
- Bernie Sanders moves into leadership vacuum
- Aaron Hernandez's brain to be turned over for CTE research
- Soyuz space capsule with American, Russian blasts off for International Space Station
- Nashville Predators complete sweep of Chicago Blackhawks
- Regular Game Time Pushing Manchester United Target Kylian Mbappe Towards Monaco Stay
- Beltran's first Houston homer helps Astros top Angels 2-1
- Boston Celtics: Down 1-0 in first round
- Comedian Don Rickles dies at 90
- Wounded vet running Boston Marathon carries race partner across finish line