But the league was of equal importance and the manager was slated for resting the duo while Bale was out with a minor injury.
Isco was the star of the show as Real Madrid recently downed Sporting Gijon to keep their La Liga ambition firmly intact, and the Spanish playmaker used his moment in the limelight to pay a heartfelt tribute to a deaf fan. But Granada were never really in the game, and are now seven points from safety with just six games left. The win ended a awful week which saw Barca lose 2-0 in Malaga and 3-0 away to Juventus, but even the three points couldn't disguise the feeling of decline.
Isco's contract expires in June 2018 and Real Madrid want to tie him down with a new deal, according to reports in Spain.More news: Pence In South Korea, Visits DMZ And US Troops
Messi's goals have won more points than any other player in La Liga this season (17).
In stark contrast to Barca's troubles, Real Madrid have been propped up throughout the campaign by the depth of their resources.
But with performances like this, he will make it harder for Zinedine Zidane to ignore him.
Madrid had most of its regular starters available for the loss to Celta in the Copa del Rey quarterfinals, when it couldn't come back after conceding two goals on counterattacks in the second half.More news: There's evidence! The Pill does make women feel lousy
Barca goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen's needs to do more if he wishes his side to have any chance in the upcoming Champions League game against Juventus.
Atletico Madrid warmed up for the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Leicester City with a comfortable 3-0 win over rock bottom Osasuna despite missing two penalties in the same game for the second time this season. It was of course Perez who first brought the Frenchman to the Bernabeu as the most expensive player in history back in the summer of 2001 and there is thought to be a strong working relationship between the pair. "The important thing is to go through, not who plays". Yes, the match should be simple but due to Madrid's next two contests being against Bayern Munich and Barcelona, fans should expect a rotated lineup Saturday night. It would be interesting to see whether Danilo remains beyond the season but he will be determined to give it all on the pitch at every chance he gets.
"We have to think we can do it, " he said on his club's website. Casilla failed to register a single save on Saturday, conceding 2 goals.More news: Barcelona out of the UEFA Champions League
- Trudeau defends Canada's dairy system against Trump protectionist charge
- When oxygen is scarce, naked mole-rats metabolize fructose like plants
- Diet soda study looks at dementia, heart risks
- Kompany scores as Manchester City climb to third with Southampton victory
- Sacked news host Bill O'Reilly blasts 'unfounded' harassment claims
- I won't say whether we sabotaged North Korea missile test
- Monaco defeat Dortmund to advance to Champions League semis
- Average Brokerage Recommendation for Regions Financial Corporation (RF)
- Polar bear dies unexpectedly at SeaWorld San Diego
- Google Home's assistant can now recognize different voices