"They [United] showed more desire, more ambition, more motivation", the Guardian quoted Conte as saying.
"I want to say I was convinced even before the cup that controlling the two players that played behind Diego [Costa]", Mourinho explained.
Chelsea's trip to Goodison Park is the most hard of their six remaining fixtures - Everton are flying at home, where they have won seven league games in a row.
"The first reason is because with Liverpool and Manchester City victories, if we don't win today goodbye Premier League".
The team's two-pronged objective is to secure a top-four finish and win the Europa League as the season comes to a frantic conclusion.More news: Anaheim Ducks douse Calgary Flames 3-1 to complete playoff series sweep
Fabregas came on in the last 10 minutes at Old Trafford, when Chelsea were crying out for him in the first half as they were very predictable in possession.
United had failed to beat Chelsea in their last 12 games but they were the undisputed better side on Sunday and they seized the moment to condemn the table toppers to a rare defeat.
The France global has completed 90 minutes just three times in the Premier League this season, and Mourinho has now warned Martial that he must adapt if he is to thrive.
Conte said: "It won't be easy because I think Tottenham now are the best team and they are in great form and they have a lot of enthusiasm".
"Diego is very risky but the two link positions are the two positions we have to control". "These three points were phenomenal". "I don't think a lot of people expected it but we did".More news: Jose Mourinho fears worst over Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo injuries
His tactics were spot on, as they often are in big games. "Otherwise we must clap another team", the 47-year-old said.
'One is the Europa League and the second is finish in the top four because I think playing in the Champions League is a very good objective for next season.
"Why? Everybody knows why because we lost too many points at home".
Lampard said: "They've got to put it (the defeat) out of their minds".
Chelsea's preparations for the game were affected by the loss of goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois with an ankle injury during the week.More news: Martial has to start doing what I like, warns Mourinho
"I think it can be a good night on Thursday but we have to try to win because it is the most important thing".
- Man Utd into Europa Cup semi-finals
- Facebook launches augmented reality camera platform for developers
- H-1B not immigration but trade, services issue
- Aaron Hernandez found dead in prison with Bible verse written across forehead
- Birmingham hire Harry Redknapp as crisis-ridden club look to beat the drop
- Rockets Take 2-0 Series Lead With Fourth Quarter Comeback Against Thunder
- Tennessee girl safe, teacher arrested near California cabin
- Rondo: Celtics fans' boos stem from respect
- Crowd trouble delays Europa League match in Lyon
- White House pushes uncertain bid to revive health care bill