The shooting occurred near Madison Street and Western Avenue, just blocks away from the downtown waterfront, the Seattle Police Department announced on Twitter.
The three officers - two male and one female - were responding to a robbery at a convenience store, CBS affiliate KIRO-TV reports.
A King County Sheriff's Deputy carries a gun as he runs near the scene of a shooting involving several police officers in downtown Seattle, Thursday, April 20, 2017.More news: Riverdale's Shannon Purser Reveals She's Bisexual
Officers were investigating a robbery at a 7-Eleven convenience store on 1st Avenue, The Seattle Times reports. The suspects fled, and one shot at police, who returned fire, she said. Officials are searching for a possible third suspect: a black male wearing a black jacket, glasses and a Seahawks beanie.
"Wow. This is real", he said, describing SWAT officers racing down the street. The second suspect was found with significant injuries, according to Seattle police.
The scene where two polcie officers were shot in Seattle on April 20, 2017.More news: Texas House approves major school finance fix; Senate's plan uncertain
Chief Kathleen O'Toole told reporters at first that the injuries to the officers were believed to be minor, but hospital officials later said one of the officers is in critical condition.
The two officers, one male and one female, were brought to the Harborview Medical Center and are in stable condition. The other officer was shot in the face and subsequently the ribcage. It's not clear if that was the wounded suspect.
This is a developing story with more details to come.More news: Medical Properties Trust Inc. Posted gains of 1.65% in the Last Trade
- United Airlines can't say if video has hit sales
- Initial rulings in Chicago schools' funding lawsuit due April 28
- Palatin Technologies, Inc. (PTN) Short Interest Up 1.2% in March
- When oxygen is scarce, naked mole-rats metabolize fructose like plants
- Pence In South Korea, Visits DMZ And US Troops
- Support for marijuana legalization hits all-time high
- Bayern's Neuer could miss rest of season with foot injury
- Barcelona fans, players, coach stay positive after CL exit
- Kompany scores as Manchester City climb to third with Southampton victory
- Trump's Korean armada stays near Australia