There will still be a learning component, of course - Carmen Sandiego will be produced by global learning company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
The streaming service has commissioned an animated series based off the computer game and TV franchise "Carmen Sandiego", with "Jane the Virgin" star Gina Rodriguez tapped to voice the titular fleet-footed thief, according to the Hollywood Reporter.More news: Medical Properties Trust Inc. Posted gains of 1.65% in the Last Trade
Wolfhard tweeted and instagram'd the news, which we have shared below!
In the new series, of which 20 episodes have been ordered for a 2019 premiere date, Carmen Sandiego is back and ready for a new crop of worldwide capers packed with thrilling adventure and intrigue, reported E! online. Players were able to track Carmen not only as she traveled the world, but also the space-time continuum.More news: Initial rulings in Chicago schools' funding lawsuit due April 28
The red fedora-wearing thief first became popular thanks to a children's computer game franchise in the '80s, before spawning two live-action PBS game shows.
The teenage actor is best known to audiences as Mike Wheeler in Netflix's 2016 breakout success Stranger Things, for which he won a Screen Actors Guild award along with the show's ensemble cast. The series latest release was a mobile game developed in 2015 for PC and iOS, titled Carmen Sandiego Returns.More news: Trump says USA relations with Russian Federation at 'all-time low'
He'll play a character called Player, who is a friend and associate of Carmen Sandiego herself. Rebooting Carmen Sandiego and making it good will be a tough job, but so far, Netflix is off to a great start with the castings.
- Oracle Buys Digital Measurement Specialist Moat
- Alison Sweeney is returning to Days of Our Lives
- The right response: Trump takes appropriate action to thwart atrocities in Syria
- 'Infowars' host Jones says his on-air persona not a 'trick'
- Bayern's Neuer could miss rest of season with foot injury
- Texas House approves major school finance fix; Senate's plan uncertain
- Trump's Korean armada stays near Australia
- Diet soda study looks at dementia, heart risks
- Barcelona fans, players, coach stay positive after CL exit
- Palatin Technologies, Inc. (PTN) Short Interest Up 1.2% in March