Its pre-order hitting 72,000 units proved that the market response is far better than expected.Koh Dong-Jin also revealed that he is also looking to recover its market position in China. The reception to both the phones has been extremely favourable from both experts and the general public alike with most people excited about the new design - especially the huge end to end display. In India, both the S8 versions would be sold with Samsung's in-house Exynos SoC's.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is facing public backlash after several customers complained about the display panels of this latest smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy S8 boxes in a 5.8-inch QHD+ super AMOLED display (1440x2960p) and its variant Galaxy S8 Plus offers the same display at 6.2-inches.More news: Lilium successfully tests five seater flying taxi prototype in Germany
The devices have a bezel-less curved edge "infinity display", covered with pristine glass and a 12MP rear camera with multi-frame processing and optical image stabilisation.
India will get the Exynos 8895 variant instead of the Snapdragon 835 chipset that is available in the US. LCD panels usually have three sub pixels (red, blue, green) but with the Galaxy S8's OLED panel, you have two sub pixels - red-green and blue-green. The front camera is 8MP with Smart auto-focus and f/1.7 aperture. Powering the S8 is a 3000mAh battery, whereas the S8 Plus is a slightly larger 3500mAh battery. From the design point of view, there are a few changes such as fingerprint sensor has moved to the rear whereas the front has an on-screen home button sorts with haptic technology. There is also an iris scanner thrown in for added security.More news: Cavaliers make history with huge rally to win Game 3
With the S8, there are three ways to log in to your device other than the usual swipe, password, pin code and pattern options. The company also offered a free wireless charging case for those who pre-order the phone. The phones will be available exclusively on Flipkart and Samsung retail shops from the 5th of May.More news: House Oversight head Chaffetz to leave Congress after 2018
- George HW Bush still in hospital; George W Bush visits
- Cavs erase 26-point deficit for win
- WhatsApp admins beware: Offensive posts can land you in jail
- Colin Miller ready to return for Bruins tonight
- Vijay Mallya Arrested By The Scotland Yard In London
- Ivanka Trump promises to donate book profits to charity
- Tesla recalling 53000 vehicles worldwide for brake problem
- 'Facebook killer' Steve Stephens dead, Pennsylvania police say
- 20 dead in truck mishap in Chittoor
- 'Supercard' Startup Plastc Goes Belly Up, Screwing Thousands Of Backers