US President Donald Trump and first lady Melania on Monday welcomed more than 20,000 children and parents to the White House to hunt for Easter eggs and participate in egg-rolling races, a tradition that dates back to 1878.
Watch Melania Trump give her husband, Donald, a little nudge to remind him to put his hand over his heart during national anthem.
As the annual event got underway on the White House grounds, President Donald Trump stood beside the first lady and their son Barron on the Truman Balcony.
This year's Easter Egg Roll will be smaller than those of past years - 35,000 people attended the Obama's final event. Just previous year, the Obama's celebrated their last Easter Egg Roll with famous guests like Beyoncé, Idina Menzel, and athletes from the National Basketball Association and NFL. Tons of adorable youngsters joined First Lady Melania Trump and her family in Washington D.C. for the annual, fun-filled event.More news: Two people killed during anti-government protests in Venezuela
'I just want to thank First Lady Melania Trump, ' Trump followed.
Other images show Melania coloring the flowers and Barron Trump writing, as well.
The guest list includes military families, children from local schools, and children of staff members.
The president offered some brief remarks as well.More news: Food and Farm-Milk Dispute story
The main draw is the actual egg roll with kids swinging and missing. "We are right on track".
Families attended dressed in their Easter best, and for some that even meant bunny ears.
The first lady "has been directly involved" in preparing the White House ahead of her arrival this summer, a White House aide told United Press International.
There have been stylish first ladies throughout the history of the USA, there have even been first ladies who were ex-models, but is Melania Trump (née Knauss) the hottest? During the Bush administration he wore the Easter bunny costume at the egg roll.More news: University student brutally killed over alleged blasphemy allegations
- Officer, Suspect Killed in Attack in Downtown Paris
- US Republican vows 'all hands on deck' in Georgia congressional runoff
- UN strongly condemns North Korean missile launch after delay
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski crashes White House press briefing
- Rex Tillerson: U.S. Is Conducting 'Comprehensive Review' Of Iran Nuclear Deal
- First Roger Ailes, Now Bill O'Reilly
- Philip Morris International Profit Advances 4% In Q1
- Augmented Reality: The battle between Facebook and Snapchat has begun
- Ontario to tax foreign buyers, expand rent control to cool housing market
- Aaron Hernandez's family to donate his brain for CTE research