"I think it would be great (to have a female Doctor) given the spirit of the world at the moment". After the father filed an official complaint to BBC, the network wrote back in a letter, saying that "there are now no plans to have a female "Doctor Who". The names of the potential Thirteenth Doctor include Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Natalie Dormer and Olivia Colman.
It's time for an actress to play Doctor Who, according to the TV timelord's former sidekick Karen Gillan.
Capaldi, who famously played Malcolm Tucker on the hit BBC comedy series The Thick of It, announced last month he was stepping down from Doctor Who.More news: USA, Mexico and Canada team up for 2026 World Cup bid
"I trust the BBC and their choices and they haven't failed us yet with the Doctor, but it would be cool to see a woman in the role one day because a woman could absolutely play that role", the Guardians of the Galaxy star says.
Writer Steven Moffat is also leaving Doctor Who after the current series, while it has not been confirmed whether new companion Bill Potts, played by Pearl Mackie, will outlast her Doctor.
Despite no OFFICIAL confirmation, the BBC seemingly put their foot in it when a fan filed an official complaint about concerns that switching the gender of the time lord would confuse their kids.More news: Dollars to GBP Exchange Rate Slumps after UK General Election Announced
MailOnline has contacted the BBC but a spokesman said last week: 'No casting decisions have yet been made on Series 11'.
What do you think of the BBC shutting down reports that a female could soon become Doctor Who? I feel sad. I love Doctor Who. I can't praise the people I work with more highly.
With the tenth series of Doctor Who having started, Peter Capaldi's final outing as the iconic character has begun, the actor soon to leave behind the role.More news: Paris gunman's criminal past in focus as police hunt second suspect
The site is reporting that a complaints officer spilled the beans when responding to a viewer who lodged a complaint that they didn't want to see a women take over the role.
- Cavs rally from 26 down to defeat Pacers
- Mourinho says no sense in Rashford playing for England Under-21s
- US reviewing Venezuela's seizure of GM assets
- LEADING OFF: Familia returns, Valdez back in majors
- Aaron Hernandez had Bible verse written on forehead
- Samsung To Launch Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus In India Today
- Jazz's Gobert to miss Game 3 vs Clippers with knee injury
- Bulls' Rajon Rondo Has Thumb Fracture, Is Out Indefinitely
- Paris Shooting: Why it could actually help Emmanuel Macron
- UK parliament approves June 8 general election