The Germany global picked up the injury during the build-up to Cristiano Ronaldo's third goal in the 4-2 loss at the Santiago Bernabeu, a result that knocked Bayern out of the competition following a 6-3 aggregate defeat.
Worse still, Vidal's dismissal came after Casemiro avoided a yellow card on no less than four occasions for reckless fouls.
A raging Arturo Vidal branded the referee a "clown" who had "robbed" Bayern Munich of a place in the Champions League semi-finals after the Germans were knocked out in controversial circumstances by Real Madrid.More news: Lingard: Herrera was key to Chelsea win
Writing on her own Instagram page - which is set to private - Mariann described the refereeing as a "disgrace" and called for video technology to finally introduced.
"I feel very emotional, it was very special to say goodbye to the Bernabeu on a great Champions League night like this", he added.
"He sustained the injury during the third goal, which was offside".More news: Everyone is making the same point about sexual harassment at Fox
Bayern, the 2013 Champions League victor, had made it at least to the semifinals for the last five seasons.
Ancelotti made the case for video technology immediately after the game, saying the mistakes were unacceptable for the Champions League quarterfinals. He holds the record for goals in the group stage too (eleven in 2015-16), has more strikes in the knockout phase than anyone else (45 in total) and is the only player to have scored three hat-tricks in a single season in the Champions League (also in 2015-16).
The reaction of Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge to the defeat nearly matched the game for widescreen emotion.More news: Regular Game Time Pushing Manchester United Target Kylian Mbappe Towards Monaco Stay
Bayern held a 2-1 lead after 90 minutes; an identical scoreline of the first-leg result at the Allianz Arena, forcing the fixture into extra-time. "We were robbed", Neuer said. In Tuesday's second leg alone, Madrid had 12 attempts on target, compared to two for the visitors.
- Soyuz space capsule with American, Russian blasts off for International Space Station
- Washington Post, NYT win Pulitzers for probes of powerful people
- Aaron Hernandez's brain to be turned over for CTE research
- Jose Mourinho fears worst after Ibrahimovic and Rojo Injuries sour European win
- Sanders Urges Party To Go Beyond Comfort Zone
- Boston Celtics: Down 1-0 in first round
- Why Are Republicans So Scared Of Georgia Democrat Jon Ossoff?
- Michigan State DE Auston Robertson Charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Nashville Predators complete sweep of Chicago Blackhawks
- Comedian Don Rickles dies at 90