Harry Redknapp has been appointed as the manager of Birmingham City, the club have announced.
"Birmingham is a proper club".
Zola faced the press soon after the announcement and he said: "I am sorry because obviously I came here with huge expectations, from the club and myself".
Zola, sacked in his previous managerial job after just one season with Qatari side Al-Arabi, has also had spells in charge of West Ham, Serie A side Cagliari and Watford.More news: Rockets Take 2-0 Series Lead With Fourth Quarter Comeback Against Thunder
Harry Redknapp on Tuesday April 18, 2017 was hired as coach of struggling second-tier team Birmingham, marking his return to English soccer management after a two-year absence. My wife said to me 'are you mad or what?'.
The veteran manager has replaced Gianfranco Zola at St Andrew's after the Italian resigned following a run of two wins in 22 league games.
After his first training session, Redknapp said: "Birmingham are not a team that I've seen much of".
You know things must be really bad at Birmingham as with three games to go they have turned to 'Arry.More news: Marching for science and planet's future
Redknapp's brief does not now extend beyond securing Birmingham's second-tier survival but if he can achieve that aim, he could be convinced to remain in charge for a crack at promotion to the Premier League. "They're not on TV very much".
His first game in charge is away to local rivals Aston Villa on Sunday, and Blues then face Huddersfield at home before finishing the season away at Bristol City.
He took charge of Jordan for two World Cup qualifiers previous year, and worked as an adviser to Derby County last season. "If I can get them going and get a bit of belief back in and pick up a win or whatever we need to stay up, that's all I can do".
"I have got a bonus".More news: Martial has to start doing what I like, warns Mourinho
- Some US companies that have left or scaled back in Venezuela
- National Football League confirms schedule release Thursday, 5 pm PT
- Future of revamped health care bill remains dubious in House
- #BREAKING 7 Man United Fans, Not 30 Died in Calabar Electrocution
- Macquarie Reiterates "Outperform" Rating for Wpp Plc (WPP)
- Le Pen seeks to whitewash France from its responsibility for the Holocaust
- American Carrier Not Really Headed For North Korea After All
- French police hunting second suspect after Paris attack
- Man Utd into Europa Cup semi-finals
- New Poll Could Impact Marijuana Legalization In PA