Harry Redknapp has been appointed as the manager of Birmingham City, the club have announced.
"Birmingham is a proper club".
Zola faced the press soon after the announcement and he said: "I am sorry because obviously I came here with huge expectations, from the club and myself".
Zola, sacked in his previous managerial job after just one season with Qatari side Al-Arabi, has also had spells in charge of West Ham, Serie A side Cagliari and Watford.More news: Divyanka Tripathi shares her opinion on Sonu Nigam's Azaan Tweet
Harry Redknapp on Tuesday April 18, 2017 was hired as coach of struggling second-tier team Birmingham, marking his return to English soccer management after a two-year absence. My wife said to me 'are you mad or what?'.
The veteran manager has replaced Gianfranco Zola at St Andrew's after the Italian resigned following a run of two wins in 22 league games.
After his first training session, Redknapp said: "Birmingham are not a team that I've seen much of".
You know things must be really bad at Birmingham as with three games to go they have turned to 'Arry.More news: No wildcard for Sharapova: Radwanska
Redknapp's brief does not now extend beyond securing Birmingham's second-tier survival but if he can achieve that aim, he could be convinced to remain in charge for a crack at promotion to the Premier League. "They're not on TV very much".
His first game in charge is away to local rivals Aston Villa on Sunday, and Blues then face Huddersfield at home before finishing the season away at Bristol City.
He took charge of Jordan for two World Cup qualifiers previous year, and worked as an adviser to Derby County last season. "If I can get them going and get a bit of belief back in and pick up a win or whatever we need to stay up, that's all I can do".
"I have got a bonus".More news: Ronaldo and Messi face off to decide Spanish league title
- Macquarie Reiterates "Outperform" Rating for Wpp Plc (WPP)
- United Airlines Won't Be Firing Anyone Over Dr. David Dao's Assault
- Summing up the first 12 games for the Boston Red Sox season
- Rondo: Celtics fans' boos stem from respect
- Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- White House pushes uncertain bid to revive health care bill
- Vettel beats Hamilton in tense Bahrain GP
- New Poll Could Impact Marijuana Legalization In PA
- Should McDonald's workers get $50G reward in Facebook murder case?
- Rockets Take 2-0 Series Lead With Fourth Quarter Comeback Against Thunder