Harry Redknapp has been appointed as the manager of Birmingham City, the club have announced.
"Birmingham is a proper club".
Zola faced the press soon after the announcement and he said: "I am sorry because obviously I came here with huge expectations, from the club and myself".
Zola, sacked in his previous managerial job after just one season with Qatari side Al-Arabi, has also had spells in charge of West Ham, Serie A side Cagliari and Watford.More news: Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
Harry Redknapp on Tuesday April 18, 2017 was hired as coach of struggling second-tier team Birmingham, marking his return to English soccer management after a two-year absence. My wife said to me 'are you mad or what?'.
The veteran manager has replaced Gianfranco Zola at St Andrew's after the Italian resigned following a run of two wins in 22 league games.
After his first training session, Redknapp said: "Birmingham are not a team that I've seen much of".
You know things must be really bad at Birmingham as with three games to go they have turned to 'Arry.More news: Future of revamped health care bill remains dubious in House
Redknapp's brief does not now extend beyond securing Birmingham's second-tier survival but if he can achieve that aim, he could be convinced to remain in charge for a crack at promotion to the Premier League. "They're not on TV very much".
His first game in charge is away to local rivals Aston Villa on Sunday, and Blues then face Huddersfield at home before finishing the season away at Bristol City.
He took charge of Jordan for two World Cup qualifiers previous year, and worked as an adviser to Derby County last season. "If I can get them going and get a bit of belief back in and pick up a win or whatever we need to stay up, that's all I can do".
"I have got a bonus".More news: No wildcard for Sharapova: Radwanska
- GM Shuts Down Venezuela Operation After Authorities Seized Its Plant
- #BREAKING 7 Man United Fans, Not 30 Died in Calabar Electrocution
- White House pushes uncertain bid to revive health care bill
- Microsoft goes official on twice-yearly Windows 10 update policy
- Divyanka Tripathi shares her opinion on Sonu Nigam's Azaan Tweet
- Should McDonald's workers get $50G reward in Facebook murder case?
- Jose Mourinho fears worst over Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo injuries
- New Poll Could Impact Marijuana Legalization In PA
- Rondo: Celtics fans' boos stem from respect
- American Carrier Not Really Headed For North Korea After All