Fox had its largest audience on the renamed "The Factor" Wednesday night since O'Reilly left for what became a permanent vacation, with the Dana Perino-hosted show seen by 3.34 million people, the Nielsen company said Thursday. Fox even signed O'Reilly to a contract extension knowing that The New York Times was investigating harassment allegations against him - the story that led to O'Reilly's ouster.More news: Tillerson accuses Iran of 'provocations'
A day after Bill O'Reilly was sacked from Fox News, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) dished out some advice to women facing workplace harassment during an interview Thursday with CNN's Jake Tapper.
O'Reilly has vigorously denied the claims, saying Wednesday that he found it "tremendously disheartening" to leave Fox on "completely unfounded claims".
The O'Reilly Factor brought in US$147.13 million in advertising revenue a year ago.More news: Sensational Isco spares Real Madrid's blushes against Sporting
Then Palin turned her focus on the women who made accusations of sexual harassment, telling them that it's their responsibility to quit their jobs and change the workplace culture. "Now I don't say anything, you know, that could be remotely taken - you know, because obviously I'm a big target and any kind of a thing like that stigmatizes you whether you're guilty or not, doesn't it?"
When the ladies of "The View" asked Burgess why she was speaking out now, she said that she was "tired of reliving the trauma every time" she saw another woman coming forward.
His payout would appear to be smaller than that given to former Fox News honcho Roger Ailes, who resigned last summer after facing his own spate of sexual harassment complaints made by female staffers.More news: Ichiro hits home run in potential final at-bat in Seattle
Clearly one of the most talked about topics of yesterday as well as today is the firing of Fox news host Bill O'Reilly.
- U.S. backtracks on 'armada' sailing towards N. Korea
- The final fall of ex-Gator, Patriot Aaron Hernandez
- Samsung says Galaxy S8 pre-orders beat S7
- US defence secretary arrives in Cairo for meeting with Egypt president
- US President Donald Trump calls North Korea a 'menace'
- Bulls' Butler can't wait to guard Celtics' Thomas
- UN Security Council condemns North Korea missile test
- Fresno suspect charged with earlier killing
- If China Wants 'To Solve The North Korea Problem, They Will'
- Trump says Iran violating 'spirit' of nuclear deal