The app is billed as a "virtual" manifestation of Facebook, allowing users to create a personalised avatar before interacting with friends. Zuckerberg said the company is making the "first mainstream augmented reality platform out of the camera", called "Act 2".
Facebook F8 conference 2011. After being pursued by law enforcement for two days, Stephens shot himself to death in Pennsylvania yesterday.More news: Fox News Cans The O'Reilly Factor
Facebook has named its first AR Studio beta partners as Electronic Arts' Mass Effect: Andromeda, GIPHY, Manchester United, Nike, Real Madrid, TripIt, and Warner Bros' Justice League.
"Even though we were a little slow to add cameras to all our apps, I'm confident that now we're going to push this augmented reality camera forward".
Starting with "basic effects", Zuckerberg showed images of Snapchat-style photo overlays like facemasks, but said that as an open platform users will be able to create their own and "instead of having 10 to 20 options to choose from, you're going to have thousands".More news: Police, protesters clash ahead of Le Pen rally
Facebook has launched a augmented reality camera effects developer platform.
Or, actually engage with the real world by going out like a normal person.
Last year, one of Mark Zuckerberg's main areas of interest was virtual reality (which Facebook and Oculus are continuing to work on). For example, a new Discover tab on the Facebook Messenger platform will make it easier for users to find particular bots out of the many that are available, or scan Messenger Codes with their cameras to access information and offerings from particular businesses. The company also announced new partnerships with Disco, Skyhigh, Netskope and Smarsh to support regulatory and compliance requirements for data loss prevention and e-discovery.More news: Tories lead over Labour reaches 24 points in latest poll
- Trump to meet Italian premier ahead of G-7 meeting in Italy
- Cannot be complacent about potential threat of N. Korean missiles - UK minister
- The race to be Iran's next president kicks off
- Pence avoids direct answer on North Korea sabotage
- Officer, Suspect Killed in Attack in Downtown Paris
- Isco's last minute goal gives Madrid 3-2 victory over Gijon
- Sacked news host Bill O'Reilly blasts 'unfounded' harassment claims
- First Roger Ailes, Now Bill O'Reilly
- Police officer killed, another wounded in Paris shooting
- Republicans float health care compromise ahead of Trump's 100-day mark