The latter has historically been the more technologically advanced of the two, with support for 12-bit color depth and dynamic tone mapping. This avoids problems such as a dark scene in a bright movie not looking quite right because the overall movie's brightness has been optimized for lighter scenes.
High dynamic range (HDR) increases the varieties of contrast and the color, hence, the bright areas become brighter and makes the dark areas to become darker due to improved color accuracy.More news: Euro propped up by weak dollar, sterling near 6-month high
All of this year's Samsung's UHD TV models, including the premium QLED TV lineup, support HDR10+.
HDR10 Plus incorporates dynamic metadata instead of the static meta data that are used in the old version of HDR10.More news: Leicester City hopeful of Wes Morgan return for Atletico Madrid clash
Samsung Electronics and Amazon will collaborate to provide HDR10 Plus videos, the companies announced.
Samsung has told FlatpanelsHD in the past that it believes it may even be possible to update some existing disc players in the market with HDR10+ but no further information has been provided to us since the comments at CES 2017.More news: Ossoff, Handel head to congressional runoff after 18 candidate scramble
"Together with Samsung, we are excited to offer customers an enhanced viewing experience on a broad range of devices", says Greg Hart, vice president, Amazon Video Worldwide. Prime Video offers thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Samsung has also partnered with YouTube and other companies that can deliver HDR content and integrate it into its products.
- 'John 3:16' written on Aaron Hernandez's forehead, source says
- Cyrus Kouandjio involved in weird incident with police, per report
- Turkish PM warns opposition against street protests
- Cavs cut Larry Sanders, sign center Edy Tavares for playoff run
- TherapeuticsMD's (TXMD) Outperform Rating Reaffirmed at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc
- John Tortorella hopes Blue Jackets listen to their crappy victory music
- Animal Adventure Park launches campaign to name April the giraffe's calf
- Sunshine Heart, Inc. (NASDAQ:SSH) Moves into Oversold Range
- Labour won't back referendum on final Brexit deal
- Sonu Nigam insulted Constitution of India, must leave country: Cleric