The "Days of Our Lives" villain is headed back to Salem as actress Alison Sweeney returns to the show after four years. Then she stepped back from the soap opera in order to work on other projects.
Sweeney, who played the occasionally villainous Sami Brady/DiMera from 1993 to 2014, is returning to the fold for an extended visit, Soap Opera Digest reports. "I'll be shooting in Salem in May and June".More news: Chevrolet FNR-X Concept is an All-Purpose Plug-in Hybrid
Sweeney left the show in 2013 after playing the said role for 21 years. Sami and her two sons head to Los Angeles after executives offer to write the Sami Brady Story based on her struggles. In the video that Alison Sweeney posted, she let the fans know that she was truly excited to be able to share that news "in person" and she was also extremely excited to be heading back to Salem.
Sweeney announced her departure from the series in January 2014, noting that she'd been on the series since she was 16 and had "never had more than a two-week vacation in that whole time". This isn't even her first time returning.More news: Nike Announces New, Limited Edition Apple Watch Dubbed 'NikeLab'
Sweeney has more recently appeared in Hallmark's Murder, She Baked TV movies and served an 8-year stint as the host of NBC's The Biggest Loser. Stay tuned for more updates on "Days Of Our Lives". The star also teased about her upcoming comeback on Instagram, which you can check out below.
Days of Our Lives spoilers reveal that Alison Sweeney is returning to Salem as Sami Brady.More news: Schiff to Trump: End 'casual talk' on North Korea
- Pence says new US-Japan talks could lead to trade deal
- $45.64 Million in Sales Expected for Acadia Realty Trust (AKR) This Quarter
- Mike Pence reassures Japan of U.S. resolve on North Korea
- FDA Issues Multiple Restrictions on Codeine, Tramadol Use
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT) Position Boosted by Peachtree Investment Advisors Inc
- Canadiens defenceman Emelin expected to return for Game 5 against Rangers
- Initial rulings in Chicago schools' funding lawsuit due April 28
- New York City firefighter dies after falling several stories
- United Kingdom parliament votes in favour of early election
- Harry to hand out race numbers to London Marathon runners