Starting in his place was 19-year-old Marcus Rashford, who, with his direct running and impressive work rate terrorised the Chelsea defence all game long, scoring a well-taken opener for good measure as well.
However, Begovic is confident that the team contains the players to bounce back from their recent dip in form and see the title race out over the final six games of the season.
"Yes, the gap on Chelsea is now back to four points".
Yet, Alonso was not the only Chelsea player still suffering from the virus which had set in within the squad towards the end of last week.More news: BP plc 32.4% Potential Upside Indicated by Barclays Capital
Just when you thought you've got your the English Premier League's pulse, it foes to spring surprises yet again. "It means the coach was not able to transfer the right concentration, desire, ambition to win this game".
Both sides will now turn their attention to the FA Cup - with either Arsenal or Manchester City waiting in the final - and Kane has said that winning the match could also boost Tottenham's chances of winning a first ever Premier League title.
Pep Guardiola might find best way back into Champions League is to finish top four unbelievable atmosphere as Leicester fans celebrate Champions League qualificationWhat happens if Man City win the Champions League AND finish in top four?
He said: "It won't be easy because Tottenham are now the best team".More news: Bruins defenseman Colin Miller expected to play in Game 4
Chelsea's Gary Cahill looks dejected after the match. "In my head, I don't think it will have any impact. If we win next week it might put a bit more doubt in their minds regarding the Premier League".
"We will play with a lot more confidence", Belgium global Vertonghen said when asked how the Tottenham side of March 2015 compares with the team today. That makes us very proud. We just have to do our job. Then there is a visit to Leicester City before a final-day trip to Hull City, who might need points to ward off relegation.
Eddie Howe was in a reflective mood after his side's meltdown against Tottenham Hotspur as they were beaten by a 4-0 margin that will certainly have hurt the team's confidence.More news: United finally apologises, vows review of airline's practices
- Runoff likely in much-watched US congressional race in Georgia
- Vijay Mallya granted bail after arrest
- Tories could have 140 seat majority after snap General Election
- USA supreme court forces Arkansas to halt first in string of executions
- Facebook slaying suspect undone by McDonald's order during manhunt
- Selfless Warburton ready for his toughest task
- Kendall Jenner is 'more of a Jenner than a Kardashian'
- Barca need five to beat Juve - Luis Enrique
- There was no conspiracy. Everything was open: Uma Bharati on SC order
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' trailer drops with an ominous teaser