Patrick Beverley and Capela completely exploited Enes Kanter on the play, as the Thunder big man got stuck in no man's land, failing to stop Beverley's penetration, while also failing to prevent a pass to the roll man, Capela.More news: Raptors even series behind DeRozan, Lowry
Westbrook played just 13 minutes in the second half of what turned into a blowout loss, so his 22 points, 11 rebounds, seven assists and nine turnovers are a bit harder to compare to his sensational regular season.
Houston dominated inside, outscoring Oklahoma City 62-38 in the paint, 31-4 on second chance points and was plus-15 on the glass (56-41). However, he struggled with his shot, going 6-for-23 from the field. I don't think the shots got were bad, but we're gonna have to be able to be more efficient offensively. After getting blown out by the Spurs last postseason, he was an instrumental piece in OKC's wild comeback. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up the intensity in game two with his defense on Russ after those comments. However, the concept is still the same.More news: Pence tells Japan: 'We are with you 100 percent'
For instance, Memphis lost by 29 in Game 1 to San Antonio four days ago and was down 26 to the Spurs in Game 2. The next game was his 50-point, record-breaking triple-double in Denver. If Westbrook gets help, the Thunder can win against any team. Although many would say the Grizzlies were playing 5 against 8 as the officiating was terribly one-sided in that game. Houston is not as a good a team as San Antonio. Oklahoma City has not won at Houston this year in three tries. The Thunder did not win at San Antonio previous year in their first three tries. The game is televised on TNT. However, the game should be competitive and the Thunder should cover the 7.5 points. It was not a very good look at all, but they kept it close for most of the game.
In the times Beverley was matched up on him, Westbrook had eight points on 3-for-9 shooting and two turnovers. After all, Westbrook scored 49 points with Beverley playing at Houston back on January 5.More news: Israel Rules Out Talks With Palestinian Hunger Strikers
- Detroit lands 2020 Frozen Four at Little Caesars Arena
- Rays hammer Porcello, Red Sox in series opener
- Trump to meet Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on May 3
- Lewis Hamilton wants Mercedes pace improvement after Bahrain
- International Monetary Fund increases 2017 global growth forecast
- Hundreds descend on Priest Point Park for Easter egg fun
- VP Mike Pence Warns North Korea: 'We Will Defeat Any Attack'
- Bill O'Reilly will not return to Fox News Channel
- Atletico ends Leicester fairytale to reach another CL semi
- Aaron Hernandez's lawyer vows own death investigation