"I want to officially announce that the search for Steve Stephens has ended", Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams told reporters at a press conference.
State police say Steve Stephens was spotted Tuesday morning by state police in Erie County, in the state's northwest corner.
Stephens had left the restaurant but stopped briefly when officers located his vehicle nearby.
Police said it wasn't clear whether Stephens had any help while he was on the run or where he had been and that investigators will try to retrace his steps.
"We have a lot more to do here", Zuckerberg said. It was about 100 miles from Cleveland, where he fatally shot a stranger, 74-year-old Robert Godwin, Sr, in the street in broad daylight on Sunday.More news: HSBC Reiterated Barclays PLC (LON:BARC) As 'Buy'
They forced him to stop, and that's when the suspected killer pulled out his gun and shot himself. Local media said an employee at the restaurant's drive-through window called police.
Stephens' mother, Maggie Green said her son told her a day before the shooting that it would be the last time she would see him, according to media reports.
Green said of Lane: "It's not her fault".
In the footage Stephens pulls over in a auto on a street in Cleveland as he says: "Find me somebody to kill, gonna kill this guy right here".
Facebook posted a response to the incident on its blog Monday afternoon, penned by VP of Global Operations Justin Osofsky.More news: Homeland Security: Deported DREAMer Had Protected Status
Stephens allegedly filmed himself committing the murder and published the video on Facebook along with another video in which he claims to have previously murdered an additional 13 people. "I am very sad for everyone involved".
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg offered his condolences to the family of the man who was recently murdered in a video that was posted on the social network, and promised the company will do more to remove violent material from the site.
Facebook took down the video, as well as others he posted, and disabled his account within a few hours.
"He would want this from us and he would say 'Tonya, forgive them, for they know not what they do", Godwin-Baines said.More news: Jeremy Corbyn welcomes snap General Election
- Serena Williams is pregnant with her first child
- Aaron Hernandez reportedly found with 'John 3:16' written on his forehead
- Bill O'Reilly Accuser Speaks Out For the 1st Time
- VCU's Mo Alie-Cox signing with Indianapolis Colts
- Yahoo's first-quarter revenue jumps 22 percent
- Is Georgia election a sign of a Democratic comeback?
- Court Bans Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, Lists it as an Extremist Group
- In Syria Syria's Assad is an 'arch-terrorist': British FM
- Defense Ministry confirms death of Russian military advisor in Syria
- Trump vows to back US dairy farmers in Canada trade spat