Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta acknowledged on Tuesday that the Catalan football giants have to provide a ideal performance to turn around the 0-3 deficit against Juventus in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-finals at the Camp Nou stadium here on Wednesday.
Barca were completely outplayed in the first leg as the Italian champions sailed to a comfortable 3-0 victory in Turin. In the round of 16, Barca came back from 4-0 down to eliminated PSG 6-5 on aggregate. "But our opponents will have chances and goals can arrive at any time so our objective will be to score five".
"We have nothing to lose, we have no pressure because Juventus have nearly qualified to the semifinals", he told reporters at his pre-match press conference today.
Juventus' performance against Barcelona took Gianluigi Buffon by surprise as the iconic goalkeeper did not expect to keep a clean sheet at Camp Nou en route to the Champions League semi-finals. "We have huge respect for Barcelona and we know that we will need to play even better again to go through", Allegri sai.More news: Manchester United beat leaders Chelsea to open up EPL title race
"The important thing is that we are in the game for 95 minutes and play a strong game technically".
The Argentina worldwide limped off early in the second half of Juve's 2-0 win at Pescara with an ankle injury.
Juventus have won their last five games in the Champions League, the current longest run in the competition and the Old Lady's joint-longest. All I will be telling my team is that we need a good game both defensively and attacking, and that is it.
Enrique believes his players need the vociferous backing of the Camp Nou crowd to have a chance in overturning the three goals deficit.More news: United will save evidence in dragged passenger case
Fortunately for Allegri, Paulo Dybala - who scored twice in the first leg - has been passed fit after fears he would miss out due to an ankle injury he picked up against Pescara at the weekend.
"They are a great team and in general they were better than us, they deserved to progress and I wish them the best because they can win the tournament".
So they'll need to summon that remontada spirit if they're to overturn the tie at the Camp Nou tomorrow night. "We'll be looking to create opportunities to score and we're certain we have what it takes to reach the next round".More news: Theresa May: We won't be doing television debates
- Trump to Meet Turkey's Erdogan Ahead of NATO Summit in May
- S.Korea to match any N. Korean provocation
- President Trump signs order to tighten H-1B visa programme
- Crude oil eases for second day on rising U.S. production
- Thousands at Stockholm 'Lovefest' vigil against terror
- VP Pence's message to North Korea: 'The sword stands ready'
- Days before by polls, two school buildings torched in J&K
- New York Rangers: Plenty being said about Blueshirts' big Game 4 win
- United Airlines' Corporate Clients Are Pushing for Customer Service Fixes
- US Carrier Strike Group Now Actually Heading to North Korea, Officials Say