He departed for Juventus on a free transfer last summer and has helped the Serie A leaders into the semi-finals of the Champions League, where they will face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid or Monaco.
Messi came closest to giving the Spanish giants a route back into the contest with four strikes at goal but failed to hit the target with any of them.
Luis Enrique's side lost 3-0 to Juve on aggregate in the quarter-finals after Wednesday's second leg at Camp Nou ended in a 0-0 draw.
Former Liverpool forward Luis Suarez and Neymar also spurned chances, as Juventus continued their record of not conceding a goal from open play in this season's tournament.More news: Pentagon Might Try to Shoot Down Pyongyang's Next Missile Test
The defender was speaking after Barca's 0-3 aggregate defeat to Juventus in the Champions League, with the side having only four days to recover before their crunch La Liga title match in Madrid.
"I'm very happy with what the guys are doing", Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri said.
Barcelona's front three produced very little against a resolute Juventus defense and bow out quietly from the UEFA Champions League.
MONACO manager Leonardo Jardim insists his free-scoring team are not among the favourites for Champions League success despite seeing off Borussia Dortmund 3-1 at Stade Louis II to secure their place in Friday's semi-finals draw.More news: Marks & Spencer to open 36 new shops but shut six stores
The German team's hopes of turning round a first-leg deficit were not helped when the bus they were travelling in was held up by police for 20 minutes outside the team's hotel.
MF Sergio Busquets, 6 - Barca were woefully exposed in Turin without their midfield pivot, but his ordinary display here suggests he might not have made much difference in the first leg even if he had been available.
Ex-Chelsea winger Juan Cuadrado had Juve's best chance but fired wide.
Messi then stung Gianluigi Buffon's palms for the first time on the half-hour mark. "Beating Barcelona gives us more assurances, which against other teams we wouldn't maybe have felt".More news: Real Madrid Beat Bayern Munich, 2-1
Gerard Pique says he is confident Barcelona can return to form with a victory over Real Madrid in El Clasico this weekend.
- The US talks trade with Tokyo
- Labour MPs call on London mayor to help with general election campaign
- Warburton to captain Lions; no place for Hartley, Launchbury
- Soldier killed by anti-Maduro protesters in Venezuela
- Analysts At Robert W. Baird Upgraded Rockwell Collins (NYSE:COL) To Outperform
- Netflix (NFLX) Subscribers Down, Shares Jump Amid Strong Fundamentals
- Divock Origi: James Milner believes Liverpool star deserves to play more
- Russia BLOCKS United Nations from condemning Syrian chemical attack
- The Last Jedi - Rian Johnson Set Photos
- Tillerson brands Iran nuclear deal a failure