It also didn't hurt that "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" - an incredible game that received near-universal praise from critics and consumers alike - launched alongside the Switch.More news: Patriots Compare Comeback Super Bowl Win to Trump's Presidential Race
Just hours after announcing the discontinuation of the hit NES Classic Edition console, Nintendo is trumpeting record sales of its new Switch video game console. So unit sales are still moving for Breath of the Wild even when the systems aren't. "Looking ahead, we are excited to share more about our plans for Xbox One, including launching the world's most powerful console - Project Scorpio - alongside an fantastic lineup of new Xbox One games", they said in a note.
This news however puts The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at the top spot as both the fastest-selling Nintendo launch title of all time as well as the fastest selling Zelda game of all time. These sales figures propel the Switch as the best-selling console for launch month sales in the United States, and total global sales are predicted to be well north of Nintendo's original 2 million Switch sales target. Come on, I'm sure you can feel it too. We can also expect to see a brief update on the console's roster of indie games - or Nindies, as they insist on calling them - plus news on some upcoming 3DS titles.
Even though sales have been off to a fast start, Nintendo hasn't been able to keep up with demand for the console.More news: Odd, red-tinted screen reported by South Korean users
It is confirmed that more than nine-hundred thousand units of Nintendo Switch was sold last month.
Nintendo declined to comment on sales outside of the US, saying in a statement that it "is working to make sure everyone who wants a system is able to buy one, and more systems are continually being shipped".
About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems.More news: Netflix to spend over $1bn in marketing this year
It out-sold every single prior Nintendo product in their first-month release, including the Wii, and the Gameboy Advance. With the launch of "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" in April and "Splatoon 2" this July, there are some major exclusive games for the Switch on the horizon.
- The Galaxy S8 Active is heading to AT&T
- NBA Playoffs Round 1: Washington Wizards Best Atlanta Hawks 114-107
- Hundreds of Palestinians in Israeli Prisons Launch Hunger Strike
- American Express profit falls 13 percent, but tops forecasts
- Earnings on the Doorstep For ASML Holding N.V.
- Pelosi: Trump 'Terrorizing Patriotic Young People' After DACA Recipient Deported
- Mass. Unemployment Rate Ticks Up To 3.6 Percent; State Adds 200 Jobs
- Trump Deports First Protected DREAMer To Mexico, Ignoring Obama's DACA Protections
- Isaiah Thomas expected to play Game 2, then return home to family
- Jefferies & Co reiterated John Wood Group PLC (ADR) (LON:WG) as 'Underperform'