The Black Cats battled their way to a 2-2 draw with West Ham at the Stadium of Light on Saturday, in the process collecting two fewer points than they craved, but closing the gap to safety to nine.
Black Cats fans taunted the manager when the Tunisia winger - making his first club start since October 29 - ended his side's goal starvation direct from a corner.
Borini also questioned the decision of Moyes not to start with a front three of himself, fellow scorer Wahbi Khazri and Jermain Defoe, pointing to the fact that former boss Sam Allardyce used them during last season's escape from relegation. "And it's more like a loss, any late goal is more like a loss, but a point is a point". I have to accept it.
"In our situation, we can only get out of it together, not individually".More news: S.Korea to match any N. Korean provocation
Even so, Moyes was not allowed to enjoy the moment, with some supporters singing "Are you watching David Moyes?", a reference to his reluctance to select the Tunisia worldwide in recent months.
Sunderland are next in action at the weekend, when they take on fellow strugglers Middlesbrough.
"We had momentum after each goal but we couldn't finish them off or punish them which is disappointing". When managers and teams aren't doing well, they deserve to take frustrations out on somebody.
The visitors were made to pay for defensive errors with keeper Darren Randolph at fault for both Sunderland goals, although Collins was philosophical after the final whistle.More news: North Korea Displays Apparently New Missiles amid Rising Tensions across the Region
- West Ham have been shown more red cards than any other side in the Premier League this season (five).
April 15 (Reuters) - Bottom club Sunderland ended their seven-match scoring drought but slipped closer to relegation after a 2-2 home draw with West Ham United on Saturday.
After an excellent end to last season, Khazri has barely featured in the current campaign with the Algerian making his first start since October but he marked it in some style with an excellent equaliser.
"To concede both goals in this way, they were both odd goals, you are not happy with that". "The ball was not very high in the air so he could [not] have seen it all the way along". I thought we played better today, I thought we passed it better and had bits of control of the game at different times.More news: Star Wars Battlefront 2 release date confirmed, watch first trailer here
West Ham - Randolph 4, Byram 4, Fonte 5, Collins 6, Masuaku 5, Fernandes 5, Kouayte 5, Ayew 6, Lanzini 5, Snodgrass 5, Carroll 6.
- Manchester United beat leaders Chelsea to open up EPL title race
- Kendall Jenner: 'I'm more of a Jenner than a Kardashian'
- Trump to Meet Turkey's Erdogan Ahead of NATO Summit in May
- Luis Enrique Targets Five Barcelona Goals In Wild Second Leg
- Toyota Reveals Plan for Hydrogen-Powered Semi-Truck
- Govt assesses impact of US, Oz visa curbs on Indians
- O'Reilly's departure creates new challenges for Fox
- US Carrier Strike Group Now Actually Heading to North Korea, Officials Say
- Oil prices tumble on U.S. inventories data
- Davis Cup: Australia clinches 3-1 quarterfinal win over US