A second egg was laid in February, four days after its sibling, and may be next to hatch in the near future.
For the past month, two bald eagles dubbed Mr. President and the First Lady have waited for their eggs to hatch in their nest hidden high in a tulip poplar tree at the U.S. National Arboretum.
These will have been the fourth and fifth eaglets raised by these parents at this idyllic location.
In 2015, the American Eagle Foundation installed the eagle cam.More news: Drilling Down Into Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAV)
The eaglet was born to parents Mr. President and The First Lady. Little chirps can be heard, and a little ball of fur can be seen in the nest. "We hope both eaglets hatch this week and show signs of good health".
Another egg in that nest is expected to hatch "any day now", foundation spokeswoman Julia Cecere said in an email. National Arboretum, which is operated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The first egg was laid February 19 and the second on February 23.
In several weeks, the general public will have the opportunity to help come up with official names for these eaglets.More news: Moleculin Biotech, Inc. (MBRX) now has an analysts' mean recommendation of 0
This is the second pair of bald eagle eggs that have been closely watched this spring.
Across town, another bald eagle pair "Justice" and "Liberty", who nest on the grounds of the police facility in Southeast D.C., welcomed a baby eaglet of their own on March 15.
The nest has been home to three previous hatchings, including two in 2016. The average incubation period is 35 days.More news: Republicans Just Voted to Allow Internet Companies to Sell Your Browsing History
- Michigan's Lauren Duski battles 14-year-old country singer on 'The Voice'
- Karnataka Budget lifts tax on alcohol, 'Namma' canteens to serve cheap food
- Digging Up the Facts on Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI)
- Fixer Upper Is Officially Getting a Spinoff, So Cancel All Your Plans
- Refreshed 2018 Toyota Sienna, Yaris headed to New York Auto Show
- Microsoft announces Windows 10 Creators Update coming April 11
- Flexion Therapeutics Inc (FLXN) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Analysts
- Walgreens Revamps Plan to Buy Rite Aid (WBA, FRED, RAD)
- Prince's Ex Mayte Garcia Describes the Heartbreaking Moment They Lost Their Child
- Richard Hammond suffers second crash on motorbike