"In light of the disturbing evidence and charges filed by the Cleveland County District Attorney's office, Senator Shortey should immediately resign from his seat", Sparks said.
Ralph Shortey, who was Oklahoma chair for the US President during the primaries, is now under pressure to resign from the Senate.
Moore police have said they uncovered a series of electronic messages between Shortey and a 17-year-old boy using the messaging application Kik. Ralph Shortey, R-Oklahoma City, was being investigated for sex crimes allegedly involving a minor boy, the state Senate unanimously voted to strip Shortey of almost all legislative authority.
Officials with the FBI told KOCO 5 that they are participating in the investigation and have conducted a search warrant Friday afternoon in connection to the case.More news: Vehicle and bomb claim at White House sets off security alert
"Unfortunately I can not provide any more details as this is a sensitive ongoing investigation", Rice said.
Shortey, R-Oklahoma City, already is facing a criminal charge as a result of an investigation by Moore police.
"Where we have expertise, be it in cyber or electronics, that we can assist them with, then we do", Valentine said.
He was released on a $100,000 (£80,000) bond.More news: SC asks SIAM to provide full details of unsold vehicles
A previous chairman of Donald Trump's campaign has been arrested on child prostitution charges.
The state Senate last week voted on a resolution to strip Shortey of most of his power, including his ability to serve on Senate committees and author bills.
Shortey, 35, had been found with the boy at the Super 8 Motel in Moore, Oklahoma City, on March 9, following a tip off from the teenager's father. The Senate also took away his office, executive assistant and parking space.
But senators have not voted to expel Shortey, which would take a two-thirds vote, so he will continue to draw his $38,400 annual salary.More news: Turkey accuses Germany of supporting 'Muslim cleric behind failed military coup'
'We have reached out to Senator Shortey for comment and have not heard back from him at this time.
- Injured Pogba ruled out of Manchester United's trip to Boro
- Tom Crean contacted by LSU for head coaching position
- Sean Spicer Claims Former Trump Campaign Manager Only Played A 'Limited Role'
- Roger Stone responds to Comey hearing, denies claims of Russian Federation collusion
- Death toll rises to 43 from Damascus bombings at courthouse and restaurant
- Team USA tells Rays' pitcher Chris Archer that he isn't needed
- Virat Kohli on Pujara, Saha And Chances of Shami's Return
- UC Davis wins first-ever NCAA Tournament game
- Aubameyang equals Dortmund club record
- Nintendo Switch Back In Stock At Gamestop Later This Week