"The Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir is part of a pluralistic and secular democracy, where an independent judiciary, an active media and a vibrant civil society guarantee freedoms".
He said Pakistan wants peaceful neighbourhood to achieve the goal of regional prosperity but unfortunately India is using Pakistan card in domestic politics.
Pakistan had also said it is planning to declare Gilgit-Baltistan region as the fifth province, a move that raised concerns in India.
"We also demand that Pakistan must fulfil its obligation to vacate illegal occupation of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK)", the diplomat said.
"Gilgit Baltistan, which inhabits two million population is part of Jammu and Kashmir, that can not be separated from rest of the state".More news: Duterte tells European lawmakers: "Why do you have to f*** with us?"
Repeating "integral part of India" mantra, External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Gopal Baglay said any such step would "not be able to hide the illegality of Pakistan's occupation of parts of Jammu and Kashmir".
Speaking to media in Islamabad, Nafees Zakaria said that from March 9, 2017 till to date, brutalities unleashed on the defenceless Kashmiris as the worldwide community watched the crimes against humanity committed by the Indian occupation forces with impunity continue.
He deplored killing and injuring of Kashmiris by Indian occupation forces and arrest of Kashmiri leadership.
Khan said that terrorists, who have killed thousands of innocent people of Pakistan occupied Gilgit Baltistan (PoGB), have not been brought to justice to this day.
The China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), which connects China's western Xinjiang province with Pakistan, passes through Gilgit Baltistan.More news: Nektar Opioid Drug Does Well In Study (NKTR, EGLT)
Pakistani analysts, according to reports, believe that the move could, in fact, be part of the Pakistani policy to assuage the Chinese.
India asked Pakistan to halt its "compulsive hostility" towards it during United Nations human rights council session.
To declare Gilgit-Baltistan as the fifth province would also require a constitutional amendment, which would need to be ratified by the Pakistani Parliament.
A terror attack on Indian military had claimed over 18 lives a year ago in Uri Town of Baramulla District of Indian-held Kashmir.More news: Injury forces Eden Hazard to miss Belgium internationals
- Syrian Kurdish militia says it's getting Russian training
- 'Modern Family' teen Rico Rodriguez announces the death of his dad
- State Senator Daniel Biss Announces Candidacy For Governor
- Theresa May says she will trigger Brexit next Wednesday
- Investor Research Report on The Medicines Company (MDCO)
- Standard Life And Aberdeen Set Out Co-CEO Responsibilities
- Xiaomi Mi 6 high-end variant to pack 6GB RAM, 256GB storage
- Dave Chappelle Explains How Comedy Central Hurt His Feelings With 'Key & Peele'
- Sean Spicer snaps at reporter for disagreeing Manafort had 'limited role'
- Creighton falls to Villanova in Big East championship game