The county attorney's office cited the complex nature of the case in its decision to defer charges against David Manito of New Hope, and said prosecutors wanted to allow for further investigation.
Although the suspect was released from jail Friday afternoon, it is likely he was later picked up by federal immigration agents because of his undocumented status, police said Saturday.
- The 42-year-old man suspected of having sex with an adult student at Champlin Park High School is now in ICE custody, according to an immigration spokesperson.More news: Boston Celtics star returning against Washington Wizards, badly wants top-2 seed
ICE officials said Saturday that they had placed a "detainer" on the suspect following his arrest.
Dixon Police say there is no information to suggest the student planned to harm anyone at the school. "The question is if that student had the mental capacity to willingly consent to the act". Brooklyn Park police continue to investigate the incident, but do not expect to provide any updates on the case until Thursday morning. They then met again a short time later in the same bathroom for a second encounter.
Earlier, police said the man had a Washington state driver's license and travels around the country.More news: Just In: Ondo Assembly speaker resigns
Dixon Police now have School Resource Officers assigned to Dixon High School and Reagan Middle School, and Chief Langloss said in a statement that helped them resolve the potentially unsafe situation.
Once police began to investigate, they determined the student had left school grounds.
The Anoka-Hennepin School District upped security measures after the breach.More news: Bullish Crude Bets Cut By Most Ever
- Hugs, kisses but no bite for Gestede
- Brexit to be formally triggered on March 29, reports say
- Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton Live Streaming, Live Scores, Line Ups
- Authorities: Youth accidentally shot, killed boy in Newark
- Intelligence Chair Encourages Whistleblowers to Tell Committee: Who Leaked?
- Cost of PM Modi's Social Media Outreach: Zero
- Malaysia hunting for more North Koreans in Kim's death
- Urban Outfitters Inc. (URBN) current Stock Analysis
- NCAA Tournament Ratings At 24-Year High Through First Weekend
- PC gamers: download Mass Effect: Andromeda day one patch