Moody is now a finalist for the national Gatorade award.
Columbus High School junior Robert Woodard II was named Monday the 2016-17 Gatorade Mississippi Boys Basketball Player of the Year.
The 6-foot-4, 175-pound senior guard led the Hornets to a flawless 24-0 record and the program's first Division 2 state championship this past season.
Young, a five-star point guard ranked No. 21 in the Scout 100, committed to Oklahoma last month and averaged more than 40 points per game this season.More news: Doc Rivers hating National Basketball Association back to back scheduling
Bowen has volunteered locally on behalf of Goodwill Industries International Inc., the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Joseph County and as a youth basketball coach.
"Brendan Howard is such a relentless, hard-working and skilled basketball player", Billings Senior coach Drew Haws said. "He also shows great attitude and composure".
Carter has maintained a B average in the classroom.
He is the seventh Gatorade Wyoming Boys Basketball Player of the Year from Gillette and joins Kalina Smith, who was previously named Gatorade Wyoming Girls Basketball Player of the Year, as well as Gatorade Wyoming Volleyball Player of the Year this season. Bowen is the first Gatorade Indiana Boys Basketball Player of the Year to be chosen from La Lumiere School.More news: Microsoft releases Windows 10 cumulative update 14393.969
Carter is the first Enosburg Falls boys basketball player to be selected for the award.
Wesson has also been named the Ohio Capital Conference, District 10 and Central District Player of the Year. 12 spotlight grants - one for each sport - will be announced throughout the year. The Warriors received a berth in the Dick's Sporting Goods High School National Tournament, which they won a year ago.
The selection process is administered by the Gatorade Player of the Year Selection Committee, which work with top sport-specific experts and a media advisory board of accomplished, veteran prep sports journalists to determine the state winners in each sport.More news: Arsene Wenger reportedly set to stay at Arsenal
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Will Not Have A Nathan Drake Cameo
- Xiaomi Mi 6 high-end variant to pack 6GB RAM, 256GB storage
- Congress awaits FBI, NSA testimony on Russia-Trump links
- Korea to hold election May 9, prosecutors summon ousted Park
- Analyst Research Roundup: The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Twin toddler tots escape cribs for a full night of merrymaking
- Surface book 2 will hit the market soon
- Idea Cellular approves Vodafone merger with itself; shares gain
- Disney ordered to pay workers $3.8 million in back wages
- Sir Alex Ferguson to manage Manchester United one last time